Geo Fender Flare Jelly Bean Advice please! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Aerodynamics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Geo Fender Flare Jelly Bean Advice please!

Hope this works? I'm looking for advice on the flares for the jelly bean. This is a copy from the Precpt show car. There will be a low preasure vent at the rear of the flare exhausting air from the wheel well. Also the rockers will be built out to the flare. ? Should I do the same for the rear? or skirts? I like the looks of skirts? Any input would be helpful. I've been driving this for days and it is OK for clerence. If you look close you will see pencil marks, it is now cut to that line matching the existing flare. Also the plan is to curve the frt and rear to the tire. This mimicks a Z-06, was staring at one today think it would be a good idea?

minic6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Registered Member

Pics

Lets try this way!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	head on flare.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	517   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear flare.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	518  

Old 06-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #3

I can visualize the finshed product - I like the idea ! How far are you willing to take it ? It has merit, yes it do. Do the rockers as you suggest "built out to flare" . I think skirts for the rear wheelwells would be a dandy add-on .
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

I have the replacement fenders and the rockers need to built up for structural reasons, so now is the time. Plan is total repaint. What can you buy that can = it? So more than willing to do it to it.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #5

I'm not even going to argue the dollar return on the investment - mainly because I feel it would be worth it . Also I sense that you'll be doing most if not all of the work yourself which is a definite plus! Go for it !
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
Registered Member

minic6. I would drive enough with what you have to get a feel for FE help. If it helps, keep going, if not do something different. Only 1 side now??

I would suggest try taping up the rear where you have the vent. High pressure will travel to low pressure. Smooth the flow along the side of the wheel opening.
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks -yes all work will be done by me. One side done due to time.Basically wanted to know if it would clear the tires, it does. All of the changes may
have to add up for a positive gain, the plan is to go another 100,000 miles. So the body has to be repaired anyway. Also one thing that was not posted. Should the frt facia be brought down to the height of the flare. It would make it easier to install the belly pan.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
Registered Member

I would say yes to the lowered front fascia.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2 View Post
minic6. I would drive enough with what you have to get a feel for FE help. If it helps, keep going, if not do something different. Only 1 side now??

I would suggest try taping up the rear where you have the vent. High pressure will travel to low pressure. Smooth the flow along the side of the wheel opening.
Good idea on the low pressure. That is the kind of help I need. Plus the facia.
I won't be driving like this much longer. People are driving me crazy at work and on the road. Hey ya know ya got a tree growing out your fender? Ahh can I ask what on earth your trying to do? ECTTTT. It is fun though. I was told once you can't drive a super car without lots of ?? Didn't know it applied to FE!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #10
Registered Member

Do your tires and wheels hang outside the fenders more than normal? I never noticed this as much on other Geos. It would make your job a whole lot easier and better if they could be moved in somehow.

CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote