grill blocks - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #11
Registered Member

Re: grill blocks

just installed my home made grill blocker today!! let you guys know the result. my air flow is not compromised though because there is a lower grill that lets plenty of air flow in.

grsshpr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to BamZipPow
Talking Re: grill blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsshpr1 View Post
just installed my home made grill blocker today!! let you guys know the result. my air flow is not compromised though because there is a lower grill that lets plenty of air flow in.
Got any piccies of yer grill block setup?

Old 08-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
Registered Member

free lol found the plexiglass and rubber hose at our shop.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Registered Member

grsshpr1,

if your aerodynamics is like that of the cavalier, then about 90% of your cooling comes from underneath. on my car there is a flap that attaches to the bottom of the radiator that directs air towards the radiator while going down the road. I know the old 90's camaro was the same way. if the flap gets knocked off, you start to run hot.

I have my entire lower grill blocked off. I used to have the opening between my hood and bumper blocked off all but enough room to pop the hood up. I was just lazy on that and didn't put it back on.

I have had my lower grill blocked off for over 3 years. about 1.5 to 2 years ago I permanently sealed it off. I will admit that my body work skills are horrible but it got the job done and looked good for a little while

http://www.gassavers.org/garage_imag...fzq4ynuh1i.jpg

I would say to research the crap out of your vehicle before doing it but many of us do have complete grill blocks and though I don't see many 100 degree days, we have seen a record number of upper 90 degree days this year. no problems yet. 14 yrs old and 218k miles (7 yrs and about 125k are from me personally).

I started with plexi glass too. made a paper template and used a dremel to cut the plexi. put it on with wing nuts, bolts, and fender washers.

if you have some time to kill, here is how I did the bumper when I made it permanent.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6iNOxl5PA

****edit*****

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of what you did too. curious of how you blocked off the top. always good to see how others do things.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
Registered Member

i'm unsure of how to upload pics onto here? but i came across a shelby cobra carbon fiber front air splitter and i'm going to apply that to my car soon. i'm still getting the parts together for my exhaust.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Registered Member

what I do is go to www.tinypic.com and upload it there (you don't have to join). chose the size you want it first and then do the download. once it is done, it will give you a few options.

the screen says "share this image" at the top of it. the second option is: IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards

if you copy and paste this line of text (should say IMG at the front and /IMG at the end) into your message, the picture will show up in the thread.

where I work, they block photobucket so tinypic is golden for me. there are other picture hosting sites but this is what I use.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
Registered Member

oh ok so i can use photobucket too i'll get a pic up soon then