looking for aero suggestion - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
Registered Member

thanks, Basjoos my main thought was the front grill/bumper. I really don't like the airplane nose style. The whole underpan (which is the interior floor as well) is "smooth" well as smooth as a truck bed , with the floor ribbing. Thanks alot for mentioning those recessed areas, I would have never thought about them. Your right about the boat tail ease, the sonett is flat with plenty of mounting points to the frame.

sonettIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
... for FE driving you aren't all that concerned about the extreme high speed cornering that the low pressure under the car would help with...
I dunno, sometimes when I take a corner "hot" because I don't want to touch the brakes it sure feels like "high speed cornering." I even managed to squeal the tires once... gotta love high-PSI cornering ability.

sonettIII, the best of luck to you with your mods! I'll be keeping an eye on what you're trying just on general interest and to pick up ideas. And basjoos, thanks so much for chiming in; we need more people doing stuff like you are, and any mentoring you're willing to do can only help.

Rick