Mounting Coroplast for a Grill Block - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-13-2006, 06:25 AM   #41
*shrug*

Is your fan switch/fan working properly?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:44 AM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy
Is your fan switch/fan working properly?
I am not sure. I will look into that before I cut holes in the coroplast. I had it just zip-tied on so it was easy to get off. However I have to pull the bumper again to put it back on.

There also may be other problems with it. It is beyond ball-less. I have to go up some pretty steep hills on my way home and I have a hard time pulling them even down in 3rd gear. Like I said before I am still working on a tank of gas that half sat in the car for at least a year and a half diluted with Super. I am hoping some of my lack of power issues dissapear when I run this tank out and refill and change the fuel filter. I also dont forsee a very good tank for mileage this time. I am down to about half with 200 miles on it so I think I am looking at a sub-EPA tank.

Monday it is getting new timing belts, belts, brake flush, oil change, and major lube job. Hopefully I can burn the rest of my tank by then and drop in the new fuel filter all at once.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #43
Registered Member

Does your VTEC work? The balls show up between 2500 and 3000 rpm. If not, your VTEC solenoid may not be working. In my VX there are three distinct modes of operation as reported by the butt dyno..

- Lean Burn (ball-less)
- Non-lean burn, non VTEC (some balls)
- VTEC (balls to the wall).

But at 92 hp, balls to the wall for me might be ball-less to others.

krousdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:51 AM   #44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
Does your VTEC work? The balls show up between 2500 and 3000 rpm. If not, your VTEC solenoid may not be working. In my VX there are three distinct modes of operation as reported by the butt dyno..

- Lean Burn (ball-less)
- Non-lean burn, non VTEC (some balls)
- VTEC (balls to the wall).

But at 92 hp, balls to the wall for me might be ball-less to others.
Hummm. My butt dyno tells me that I have no "Balls to the Wall" I will have to look into that. I think I am at best getting "some balls".

Maybe I am just not getting the RPMS up high enough. I can say that my CRX was 100 times more ballsy than the VX.

Can you go up a fairly steep hill in a gear higher than 3rd? Thanks for your help and input.

Jack

Old 09-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #45
Registered Member

I can get up moderate hills in 3rd in lean burn. Steeper hills in third but not in lean burn without much problem. I rarely get the rpm's high enough to get VTEC.

As you approach 3000 rpm, you should feel a surge in power. If not the VTEC solenoid may be bad, stuck or clogged. Matt or SVOboy might be able to give you more info on the VTEC solenoid.

Keep in mind that your butt dyno might be calibrated differently than mine. You might have VTEC but not lean burn. Have you tested your O2 sensor?

Old 09-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #46
Registered Member

My temps are higher now that I have the grill block on. I just think the fan runs a bit more. I dosen't get to the red zone so i guess i an ok.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:23 AM   #47
Registered Member

Head to Radio Shack for a 12V LED and some wire...find the wire that's hot when the fan runs...splice in....to LED...to ground....you have a fan indicator.

Every time it runs...you lose mpg. The warmer your engine stays...the greater your mpg?

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 AM   #48
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krousdb
I can get up moderate hills in 3rd in lean burn. Steeper hills in third but not in lean burn without much problem. I rarely get the rpm's high enough to get VTEC.

As you approach 3000 rpm, you should feel a surge in power. If not the VTEC solenoid may be bad, stuck or clogged. Matt or SVOboy might be able to give you more info on the VTEC solenoid.

Keep in mind that your butt dyno might be calibrated differently than mine. You might have VTEC but not lean burn. Have you tested your O2 sensor?
Thanks for the info. As I approach about 2800 I get a BOGG down no surge. Something is amiss with the VTEC. I will look into that and the O2 on the weekend. Thanks

Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #49
Registered Member

A bog instead of a surge might mean that the ecu is sending extra fuel but the VTEC cam is not active and you dont get the extra valve lift. That could lead to a rich fuel mixture I would think. But I could be wrong about that.