Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisntjared View Post
... insightful...
well it has on my truck

COMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
Registered Member

What do you think the difference is between flush and further back?? 1mpg at most??

Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
Registered Member

Personally, looking at that I'd have gone with a full upper block and maybe 1/6 to a quarter width each side on the bottom. IMO it's the upper grille blocks that are more aerodynamically effective.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #14
Registered Member

its probably a little late for suggestions but I have seen where people have relocated their front plate lower (under the bumper) and used it as part of the grill block.

it gives the front of the car a cleaner look. may not be good for your application if you are already getting too warm for comfort.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
its probably a little late for suggestions but I have seen where people have relocated their front plate lower (under the bumper) and used it as part of the grill block.

it gives the front of the car a cleaner look. may not be good for your application if you are already getting too warm for comfort.
You know, that's kinda funny you mentioned that. I bought the car from a state that doesn't have a front plate. so I had to buy the front plate mound from Honda. So when I first got it, the plate was down there, but on this car, it doesn't quite fit right. I thought about fiddling with my own custom mount, but I just wanted to have it look correct, and not attract any law enforcement...
Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #16
Registered Member

I have been lucky I guess to live in a state that doesn't require a front plate.

I wonder how much leeway there is with where the front plate is placed. I have seen them in the windshield of the passenger side. not sure if it is legal.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I think most laws clearly state that the plate is to be mounted to the front bumper. Enforcement tends to be pretty lax, though; mainly people only get any enforcement activity if they completely lack the plate. Still I'd rather not attract attention by having it too far from where it's expected. I'm happy with my partial lower grille block license plate...
Old 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #18
Registered Member

someone asked for a better daytime pic of my grille block....

I was also wondering how much my fans were commoing on. I cant hear them very well unless I have the windows down all the way, and I am going really slow. So, I did this:

The LED lights up when the fans are on...
Old 08-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #19
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Nice! I was thinking of doing the same thing, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who taps relays like that!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #20
Registered Member

cool can you explain more about the witing ?

COMP is offline   Reply With Quote