Sprayable foam - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Aerodynamics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #31
Registered Member

i used foam in my quarterpanels on my metro worked out okay for old car just shoot her up wait till next day to rasp it to shape. then used 'bondo' body putty to smooth over, sanded, and painted. didnt turn out to bad for a beater with a heater. also works great on a new vehicle if you have box framing, fill em up, keeps down on future rusting from inside out. what would the world be without spray foam, clothes hangers and duct tape! 'GIT ER DONE'

sewerratt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #32
Registered Member

Sprayable foam is a very good product. Made the mistake today of not wearing gloves....A great filler, none the less. Can't wait to finish the side of the car with it.

Joel

Antares2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #33
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerratt007 View Post
i used foam in my quarterpanels on my metro worked out okay for old car just shoot her up wait till next day to rasp it to shape. then used 'bondo' body putty to smooth over, sanded, and painted. didnt turn out to bad for a beater with a heater. also works great on a new vehicle if you have box framing, fill em up, keeps down on future rusting from inside out. what would the world be without spray foam, clothes hangers and duct tape! 'GIT ER DONE'
They make a superior product for the frame rails, it not only seals them, but also increases structural rigidity!

Side note:

I'm seriuosly considering getting a gallon of boat expanding foam, putting a big plastic mat under my car, and then applying a few inches over the entire bottom of my car. The driveshaft should easily cut it's self free, and the noise reduction will be amazing. I also want to swap out the leather for animal fur.... hmmmmm
Old 06-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #34
Registered Member

Finally done with the Mono foam now. Bought some clay today which will help me quite a bit. It will smooth out the surface and may or may not have to use bondo as it hardens on its own.

Joel

Antares2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote