Ah. I should be paying better attention! Wasting all that fuel dragging those speakers around is a terrible thing, you're right. I do have some room to focus on weight reduction.
I'm ruthless on the sailboat I race on - I'm responsible for keeping tabs on what non-essential stuff is on the boat. Just tonight I forbade the skipper to bring a second bag of ice on for the refreshments. On the round-the-southern-oceans (and other) races, they're fanatical about the weight. E.g. cut the handle off your toothbrush.
Please tell me you are joking. Please? I did have respect for you until...
Stupid brain-dead boom car punks are the scourge of neighborhoods and communities everywhere. Do these dumb little bastards think they are going to get laid doing that? Selfish little p****s think the world revolves around them and people in their homes- having dinner, conversation, sleeping, etc.- should have to listen to THOOM THOOM THOOM THOOM all day and night? Do they think the attention they are drawing is positive???
Not old and Not cranky... until some stupida$$ punk invades my space.
Geez, calm down old man. The music he is referring to is "Techno", you may be familiar with it as an evolution of the Disco age, but with more electronics. I bet when you were a teen, you blasted the Beach Boys in your '65 Ford Falcon and geezers complained.
1. That's a common misconception amongst bass holes- that the choice of music is the problem. No, the choice of music is not the problem- it's the fact that I can hear it while laying in bed. In my house. With the windows closed.
2. Evidently boomers haven't experienced their noise pollution from outside their cars- it does not sound like that wonderful music outside- all it sounds like is THOOM THOOM THOOM THOOM THOOM. Only the bass gets out.
3. Not all teens are pathological attention seekers. I didn't blast anyone.
4. I told ya, I ain't old. Old age is not a pre-requisite for having common decency and courtesy.
5. Retribution is a *****. Funny how they don't like it when they get a good blast of horn at 3 am. What- I'm just seeking attention! Look at MEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Get your city council on it. We have noise ordiances and it's not a problem.