The Greatest Aero Mod Never Mentioned! - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Aerodynamics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #31
Registered Member

Back to Council/Attorney

Well, if the city council and City Attorney has no problem with, by all means, toot your own horn.

-RSH v2.0

Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #32
*shrug*

Considering you can't here my music inside my house when the car is in the garage, I do not consider the volume to be an issue. My system has very little bass and as loud as I can stand to play it has never been loud enough to bother anyone else.

Not that any of that matters, but whatever.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:03 AM   #33
Registered Member

Try LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
Yes, that does matter.

What you say passes the smell test. Thank you for clearing that up- this new information paints a completely different picture. I will get down off the soap box now. As you can see this is something that gets me pretty hot.

I should add that I just got home tonight after a couple weeks out in the country and what a difference!!! That's it- I gotta get out of this town.
Try driving in Little Rock -- nobody uses their turn signals!!!! ARGH! Someone nearly merged into me on the highway yesterday. I had my blinker on, merged, and then this pickup drifts over. I should've hit the SOB, I've got the rental insurance. Calm down, I kid.

RH77
Old 09-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
Hello -

Here's the best of both worlds :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180031170762

Your reception may vary,

CarloSW2
Has anyone tried one of these? I am tempted to get one. I currently have a Getto block off plate.

https://www.cardomain.com/ride/2452824

GasSavers_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #35
Registered Member

Just bought one but am working on paying for it without having to enter my PayPal password into the vendors checkout system. I was redirected from eBay/PayPal during the paying process. I'll let you know how it goes tonight.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #36
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88
Just bought one but am working on paying for it without having to enter my PayPal password into the vendors checkout system. I was redirected from eBay/PayPal during the paying process. I'll let you know how it goes tonight.
I remember that my Dad's 1972 Chevy Impala had one built into the windshield, so it should work. If it works for you, I will get one and I will also get a signal booster that the same vendor sells.

This memory makes me wonder if I could tap into my rear defroster. Why couldn't it serve as an antenna too?

However, when it is on I have a hunch that it wouldn't work because the heating coil/electricity/whatever would probably be generating interference.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #37
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83
I remember that my Dad's 1972 Chevy Impala had one built into the windshield, so it should work.
I'm showing my age but those in the windshield antenna's weren't worth a s**t, FYI

-- Scott
Old 09-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #38
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostanz
I'm showing my age but those in the windshield antenna's weren't worth a s**t, FYI

-- Scott
More cobwebs being disturbed ... I *think* that our Impala only had AM reception. Soooo, maybe I can't comment on FM reception.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:23 PM   #39
Registered Member

I finally received the internal antenna from the eBay seller mentioned previously. They were a bit slow but delivered the advertised product eventually. I had to run the thick wire along the underside of the dash and secure the grounding strap to a screw under the glove box. Then I snaked the thin wire from the provided spool behind the right side pillar molding and across the top of the windshield. I got decent reception but nothing spectacular. Since we live in a really low spot I didn't expect much reception. The real test will be when I get out on the highway.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 AM   #40
Registered Member

Quote:
I think I'm going to take the radio and all it's related hardware out.
I like that idea too .

Anyway, the reception out on the open road this morning was fair at best. Better than nothing but not very good. When I auto scanned I got 4-5 stations. As I remember it I used to get 10-12 when the external antenna was in use. I'll try messing around a bit with the position of the wire but I don't hold out much hope of getting significantly better reception.