VW owners...OE grill block for Mk4 Golf/Jetta - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > Aerodynamics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFox View Post
ArtFox, the image isn't visible to those of us that aren't presently logged on the image server Fred's uses.
All I see is a blue box with the text "image only for use on TDIClub pages by members". I typed it out since you as the image owner might have the ability to see your image instead of the message and wouldn't know what I was talking about.

You and I (and Brock and some others) who have joined Fred's can always log in to the Fred's image server and see the image. Others here that aren't members of Fred's TDIClub, can't see it and you aren't able to link to it here from that location (some protection limitation or something I guess). It may be that only TDIClub can link to that TDICLub image server.

Download/Copy the image to your computer. Save it there with a non-tdiclub file name, then upload from your computer to the Gassaver's image file host and use that Gassaver's link.

Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #22
Registered Member

Ooop... I will correct this soon

ArtFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rae View Post

It's a good idea but I suspect the upper end of the range won't be sufficient under the hood. Most of mine top out a little above what you'd expect to encounter naturally with weather. (The range could likely be shifted with a resistor or two, but the numbers will need to be interpreted... though that's not a big deal.) Plus they tend to get very non-linear at the extremes (and would also with the range-shifting thing).

I think at engine-compartment temperatures a thermocouple-based sensor probably makes more sense (I have one of those too, I used to work in R&D ).

Rick
If you dont mind paying 10 times the amount of the walmart style, this one has a range from 0-250 deg. It comes with a 20 foot cord and the sensor.

Jetta90GL is offline   Reply With Quote