104 MPG Peugeot wins MPG marathon - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-08-2015, 08:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

104 MPG Peugeot wins MPG marathon

The results from the ever popular MPG marathon in the UK have just been released. This year, a Peugeot 208 diesel topped the table with an impressive 104.5 MPG average over the almost 400 mile long journey. What's more exciting is that Peugeot are soon to release an even more efficient version soon, so the long distance potential is even more incredible.

Several other cars managed over 100 MPG too, including a Mazda 2 with the super efficient 1.5 diesel, and the funky Citroen C4 Cactus with the superb 1.6 litre diesel. The popular Honda Civic also managed between 90 and 93 MPG, 3 different cars driven by 3 different teams, the potential efficiency of the Civic has been praised recently after it got almost 100 MPG on a long term 8000 miles test.

More info on the official UK site here:MPG Marathon 2015 - HOME
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151008_172020.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	1852  

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #2
LDB
Registered Member

That's very interesting as we don't have many of the vehicles competing. It's cool to find out about other cars than what we see day to day.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
Registered Member

That's the beauty of international forums, people from all corners of the globe connecting and learning new things about other people, cars, driving habits, fuel prices etc.

All of the people entering the mpg marathon have obviously nailed the hypermiling techniques over the years, I would love to enter and learn some of thier techniques. I've only ever managed 96 MPG, but it would be nice to break the 100 barrier. Events like this are very important if you ask me, with all the bad media coverage from VW, and diesels getting an unfair reputation amongst it all, things like this highlight the epic potential of modern diesel engines, even though thier driving style might be considered extreme, I still see it as a skill to be able to achieve such figures.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
Registered Member

The full results havn't been published yet, but I should point out that it's not just diesels that enter, there are some unlikely contenders that entered, I'm quite looking forward to seeing what the Sports cars achieve. The small hot hatches such as the fiesta ST and the Peugeot GTI have done well in the past getting 75 UK mpg, which is remarkable for a small highly tuned petrol powered unit. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Alfa 4c did as I have a crush on them!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	alfa-romeo_100342273_l.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1853  

Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
LDB
Registered Member

I believe I saw that in one of the photos. That will be an interesting one to see. I don't come anywhere near what they are doing but I do enjoy the challenge of seeing how high a number I can get on the optomismeter each time I drive. You are right about how much interesting information it adds getting input from distant voices. I enjoy that part of the forum most of all.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

Finally managed to download the full results, here's a quick screenshots, hopefully it's clear enough to read, but I'm working from my phone so hard to tell. Overall Mpg is in the green colum. You can see the full table, with the % increase V's the manufacturers figures. All figures are UK mpg. Mind blowing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-02-19-45-50~2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1864