Old 03-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

$3.+ Gas Prices coming soon! Whoa!

Is this good or is it bad?

AP
Gas Jumps Over $3 in Parts of Two States
Wednesday March 7, 8:59 pm ET
By Jordan Robertson, AP Business Writer
Gas Prices Jump Above $3 a Gallon in Some Parts of Calif., Hawaii and May Rise in Other States

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Gasoline prices have jumped above $3 a gallon in some parts of California and Hawaii, and may hit that level other parts of the country when the busy summer driving season approaches. "It kills me," said Gloria Nunez, 53, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow.

GasSavers_roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
ELF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Is this good or is it bad?
, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow.
well, if this woman is typical then high prices are bad.
Her logic... work more to pay for gas. Instead of thinking of ways to use less gas.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
Its already 3 bucks in 98% of cali.....I'm betting 4-5 come summer.

Quote:
"It kills me," said Gloria Nunez, 53, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow.
"And yet I still do 85 on 680 and 101, oh woe is me"

Although I do like it when gas is expensive, keeps most of the idiots off the road, cuts down on traffic like no other and over all makes it slightly safer to be on the road. The only thing that worries me is the idiots who have bought Priuises and are little 80 mph bullets in their own attempt to save gas.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Cold snap here in the NE - gonna get me a tank full towards the end of the week to maximize the fuel contraction factor. Still burning the 2.079 a gallon gas . . . looks like 2.399 right now Golly I wish I added that additional 50 liter tank.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
It would be nice if gas got to $15-20/gallon after I got my EV on the road. I'd pretty much have the roads to myself in that kind of scenario, and by default they'd become my own private race track.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Registered Member

People around here (who have been buying gas) have been paying the equivalent of about $3.10 US / gallon (US) for a couple of weeks. Refinery fire cut production, prices went up. (Had been about 20% lower before.)
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
Registered Member

Prices are $2.50-2.60 locally. I never give any doomsday gas prices, but I predict a peak of 2.99-3.25 this summer (for the Pittsburgh area).

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher View Post
I don't think $3 gas is high enough- better shoot for $5 or $6 at least.

The other night I was busy outside and noticed a neighbor lady go outside and start her big Dodge Ram pickup then return inside. An HOUR later... yup, truck still idling. Finally at some point I noticed she shut it off... AND DIDN'T EVEN USE IT. WTF??? It wasn't even that cold out. I tell you I was so tempted to go grab the keys outta that thing and throw 'em in a snowbank. She should be neutered.
I vaguely remember CNN having a special about a hypothetical situation in 2009 that would shoot gasoline to $8 - $10 a gallon. Could you possibly imagine? Everyone would be clamouring to get into econoboxes (which would still cost $80+ to fill up). People would be stealing gasoline left and right.
Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to The Toecutter
$3/gallon is cripping for your working class Americans and a huge annoyance to your lower middle class, but your wealthier will keep guzzling like crazy so long as they can afford copious amounts of it.

At $10/gallon, a relatively high quality EV conversion would pay itself off in under two years.
The Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
Driving on E

$3/gallon is bad for the pocketbook, but good for GasSavers. Traffic is always up when gas is over $3/gallon.

Bring it on

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote