Honda weighs safety cuts to qualify for CDN efficiency rebate - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #21
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

To be honest, I was really looking forward to the Fit once I heard it was coming here, to the point of buying one new. But then they announced the single-engine sub-40 highway mileage, and that was that. There's supposed to be a mileage version someday, but I'm not holding my breath.
I agree. It should be at least 35/45 (Old School) MPG. There is no excuse.

Same with the Civic coupe. One drivetrain for the lower end models, with the HX model gone missing to preserve Hybrid Civic sales. Boo!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #22
Supporting Member

Matt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post

Oh, here's another option. In my perfect society where people actually CHOOSE their own level of safety, Honda would offer a sidecurtain airbag/ABS upgrade to any vehicle. The base model would not have it.
Agreed, but this is another "defect" in the Honda (and Japanese?) marketing model. You get simple all-or-nothing package options. This makes the manufacturing process easier and lowers UMC, but it forces me to buy options I do not want. This is something that (at least for now!) I can get from Detroit.

Example : If I get a Toyota Matrix, I have sets of packages I can get if I want ABS and safety stuff. With the Pontiac Vibe (same drivetrain), there are still packages, but I can seperately order ABS, safety stuff, and *still* have good 'ol fashioned "Pepperidge Farm" crank down windows. Yes it may cost more, but I will get the "simple car" that I want.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #23
Registered Member

Yah, I know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
Eh, I think you're right. Putting an integra and a dodge charger in the same category isn't really accurate.

The Charger is a giant monster of a vehicle with a V6 (optional Hemi) powerplant.

The Integra, on the other hand, is still a 4 cylinder.

When we rented the Charger last year I did notice that it got about 30mpg on the highway. I was surprised to say the least.
I'm just messin' with ya -- I know the 'Teg isn't designed for FE, and neither is the Charger. The RSX wasn't better either. But...you have to give Acura credit for helping change the American mindset of what a "luxury" car is -- instead of a Big V-8 land yacht, Honda developed a brand with a smaller footprint and smaller, more fuel efficient engines -- however, not the most efficient today, I will agree.

Now Ben, where's the challenge in getting great FE in a manual
Old 04-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #24
*shrug*

Now Rick, the challenge is in tempting yourself not to drive it too fast (or not all all!)

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote