MAGNETS...made real easy... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Automotive News, Articles and Products
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

MAGNETS...made real easy...

This is information about using permanent magnets to increase fuel efficiency for a gasoline/propane/diesel powered vehicle or for a gas/propane/fuel oil furnace or gas/propane water heater.

Understand that there is no guarantee that you will see an reduction in fuel use...but the cost to try it is not all that great.

This information is provided as is. Use it at your own risk.

If common sense is used in applying the magnets there should be no problems.

Pictures mentioned below are also at:

http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/grou...os/browse/369a

Various positive comments on using magnets for increasing fuel efficiency:

Vehicles - gas, propane, and diesel:

a quote....

"Alright you guys, I realize that I'm and old fart but I experimented with
magnets and carbureted engines 25 years ago. I got fantastic results. I used a
1980 GMC 4X4. It had a 350CI with an auto trans. Obviously not a gas saver. I
hooked up a 1 quart container to the fuel pump. I carefully measured the
distance while trying to conserve fuel. I added 1 cow magnet and increased the
distance by 6 blocks. Added 2 magnets and added more distance. With 3 magnets
all faced the same direction I got an extra mile. I still don't know what
effected the gasoline but it works."

* Assuming 15 mpg highway for this truck....this works out to 19 mpg ...or a 26% gain.
This was with an earlier carbed non O2 engine. *

Cow magnets are a different than the typical neo magnet and can be found
for less than $10 each. They would be taped or strapped to a rubber gas line
with the S pole facing in the direction the fuel travels...towards the carb. With a
cow magnet the poles are on the ends. Tie a thread in the middle and wait to
see which ends points to geographic north...this is the N pole of the magnet...
the S pole is on the other end. I would buy the solid type alnico cow magnet...not the
kind assembled from smaller magnets.

"I have experimented with neodymnium magnets on the fuel lines in my Volkswagen
Golf (which I no longer own).

I attached the magnets to the fuel lines close to the fuel distributor. This
helped the car tremendously. It ran smoother, idled smoother, became peppy and
ran slightly more efficiently.

When I would take the magnets off the car, it would run like #@$%! again. It was
a 1987 model.

I think the reason the magnets helped was because the injectors were worn out,
and this magnetic field the fuel passed through assisted the injectors with
atomization.

These magnets have not worked in any other car I've tried them on except for a
1987 Ford Tuarus with 175k miles.

It's an easy experiment and doesn't require any additives to anything. Just
clamp a couple of strong magnets to the fuel line and see what happens.

You can go ahead and call me stupid now, but as usual, I know the magnets made a
difference because I was there and witnessed it."

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=4386933

"When a fuel gas flows in the direction of a magnetic field of decreasing
strength, a combustion reaction is found to be activated. The relationship
between the direction of a fuel-gas flow and the steepest gradient of the
magnetic field was observed to determine how the reaction was promoted. This
magnetic effect has been explained by the movement of the reactants and reaction
products caused by gradient magnetic fields. The results suggest that a chemical
reaction involving a change in the magnetic susceptibilities of component
species can be controlled by application of a gradient magnetic field"

"Talking to Bruce McBurney (of HIMAC Research) a couple of months ago and the
subject of magnets came up. He said that when done right, magnets do indeed
improve mileage. He added that on some newer vehicles that don't respond to
magnets, it's probable that the reason is that the fuel pumps on these cars are
set up in such a way that the magnetic field of the electric motor driving the
pump is already treating the fuel (by design, he claims). Adding external magnets
add no benefit to fuel already modified by the correct magnetic field.

Which cars? I have no idea"

* I have found 6-7% mpg gains from adding magnets to a car with this kind of in tank
electric pump.*

Furnaces (oil-gas-propane) / (gas/propane) water heaters:

I did some research and talked to someone that has actually saved 12% on
their natural gas bill by using magnets on the metal gas line. He got a
note from his utility company that stated he saved 12% on his average
bill that winter and the winter was actully 1% colder than last year. So
that makes an actual 13% improvement.

He says to use four strong magnets, like neodimium, and put the SOUTH
sides toward the pipe. You place two just opposite of each other on the
pipe and then put two more, 6 inches from those at 90 degrees from the
first two. Again, ALL magnets have to be used with the SOUTH sides
facing the pipe.

In patent 4188296 there is an illustration....4a...that graphs the
gauss level used vs dust loading (?) for a fuel oil fired furnace.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

SEARCH > 4188296

"A fuel feeding system as shown in FIG. 3 was employed. The
magnetizing apparatus of this invention was set on a pipe for feeding
fuel to a medium-type combustion furnace equipped with six burners.
Fuel oil classified as "C" fuel oil according to JIS K 2205 and having
sulfur and nitrogen contents of 2.7% and 0.3%, respectively, was fed
at a flow rate of 8.9 tons/hour. Magnetic flux density was varied from
0 to 5000 gauss at internals of 100 gauss. The dust content in exhaust
gas from the furnace was measured according to JIS Z 8808.

The results are shown in FIG. 4a, in which the dust content expressed
in terms of mg per Nm.sup.3 (normal cubic meters) is plotted as
ordinate and the flux density in gauss is plotted as abscissa. As seen
from FIG. 4a, a reduction of dust content appears in the range of
about 500 to 600 gauss. The dust content is reduced to a minimum in
the ranges of 2000.+-.200 gauss, 3000.+-.200 gauss, and about 4400
gauss."

I'm assuming that less dust content = cleaner burning = less fuel used
per BTU output.

I also assume that when he talks of "gauss imparted to the fuel"...he
means the gauss as measured where the fuel flows through the
magnet...rather than the actual E or electromagnetic force transferred
to the fuel.

* might need to right click and choose "view image"?

From this patent....showing the relationship between flux density and the
resulting amount of soot (dust) produced by a burner...not a straight line
...but increased flux generally results in less soot produced...cleaner
burning = using less fuel oil?

* I gained around 16% in winter gas furnace/water heater efficiency from adding
magnets to the incoming brass (?) lines...but part of this gain came from
other factors such as reduced gas flow and pressure and increased fan use. *

Which is the South pole?

"By definition, the tip of a compass which points toward the "north"
pole of the earth is a magnetic north pole. Therefore, the north pole
of the Earth is actually a south magnetic pole (unlike poles attract).

Again: geographic north is a magnetic south; geographic south is a
magnetic north."

* How to find the South pole of a ceramic or neo block magnet where the two
large flat sides are the North and South poles.*

Determine the earth's geographical North (which way is North?)...then tie a sewing thread around the center of one of the block magnets...so that it balances horizontally
and with the large flat sides vertical.

The North pole of the magnet (one of the large flat sides) will point
to the earth's North geographic pole (the earth's south magnetic
pole).

Write an N on this side using a marker. .Write an S on the OPPOSITE side to identify this as the magnet's South pole.

Move the now identified South pole side (S) towards one of the large flat
sides on any other magnet till you find the one that it REPELS...this
is THIS magnets South pole...mark it with an (S).

* opposite poles ATTRACT.

* the same poles REPULSE.

Buying your magnets:

As far as I know...the best "flux for the buck" choice are the 2" x ?" x 1/2" neo 40
blocks at China magnet.

You could put (2) of these on a fuel line for $4.30 plus
shipping.

Around 10868 total flux exposure and good for up to a 1/2" ID line.

Next best are (2) of the the 2"x1"x 1/2" neo 40s...same place. Maybe $7.60 plus
shipping.

Around 13060 total flux exposure and good for up to a 1" ID line.

Or a series of 4 to 5 1" x 1/2" x 1/2" neo 40 or 42 blocks MIGHT be MOST
effective under the theory that there might be THREE factors that determine how
much the magnets will affect the fuel:

1)The total magnetic flux the fuel is exposed to.

2) The number of times the fuel enters and then leaves the magnetic flux
projected by a series of magnets...the flux gradients.

3) The speed at which the fuel flows past the magnet...slower being better?

The only way to affect this speed is to apply the magnets to a larger ID fuel filter
or install a larger ID fuel line? Though the larger the ID...the less flux exposure
for the fuel.

http://www.magnet4sale.com/xcart4/home.php

Shipping prices can be high.

There are many other sites on the web selling magnets...but these are the best prices I've found.

Neo 42 are OK to use. The higher the number the stronger they are, but also the more sensitive to heat they are. Some N42 are rated up to 248F? You won't gain much by using any rating over 42?

Prices change often:

N40, 2"X1/2"X1/2" $3.56 ( poles are on the ends, not the sides...use like cow magnets?)

N42, 2"x1/2"x1/2" $2.14

N42, 2"x1"x1/2" $3.89

Cow magnets at $5.95 each:

http://www.allmagnetics.com/education/cowmag.htm

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1407

Other magnet sources:

http://engconcepts.net/

http://www.alltronics.com/

category=34 < surplus magnets...hard drive magnets are OK...leave them on the steel plates.

http://forcefieldmagnets.com/catalog/

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/

product/1442 < weaker ceramic blocks...should work OK...cost effective...use a series of at least 5 or more with plates? These can be stacked up one on top the other with the S poles both facing the line for more flux strength.

Or SEARCH the web >

neo magnets

ceramic magnets

magnets

fuel line magnets

Handling your magnets:

REMEMBER...the neo 40 magnets are very strong. They are also brittle. You need to keep them under control. You can seriously pinch a finger if 2 of them come together. Or they might suddenly snap together and fracture...possibly throwing a particle. Either keep them as they were shipped or stick them on the fridge till later. Keep them AWAY from computers and your TV screen. And children.

The ceramic magnets are relatively mild....though they will chip if they snap together.

Making your magnet sets:

It is best to use a backing plate on all the magnets you use. A plate helps to focus the magnetic flux towards the fuel line and helps to keep it from interfering with surrounding things. It also increases the flux the fuel is exposed to.

A plate should be made from mild strap iron (steel) as found in a hardware store. You simply cut a section of steel about as long as the magnet from material with about the same width as your magnet. Usually 3/32" to 1/8 " thick material is best.

With neos you do not want to use glue....except maybe a bit along the sides to keep the magnet aligned with the steel plate. With ceramic magnets some silicone caulk helps to keep the magnets and plates aligned.

The SOUTH pole of the magnet faces away from the plate...with the NORTH pole attached to the plate.

For automotive use it is best to insulate your magnet and plate assembly using the foam/alum/adhesive tape you can find in a hardware store. This helps to keep the magnets temperatures down some...since they can loose magnetic strength if they get too hot. Keep them AWAY from the exhaust. Do not place insulation between the magnet and the line.

Applying your magnets with plates:

Vehicle use...

How many to use? As a guess I'd say at least 2 neo 40 magnets for gasoline engines. For diesel engines probably 3 or 4.

If using the ceramic blocks...use 2xs as many...4 and 8 respectively? Same for the 1/2" neo discs or cubes.

* The magnets with attached plates should be insulated for vehicle use.

* They should be either taped on the line (using several layers of electrical tape) or nylon cable ties can be used.

* They should be used on rubber lines or copper/brass lines ONLY. Stainless steel is iffy because much of it is still magnetic due to the iron content. Using magnets on steel lines is a waste of time due to the steels ability to deflect the magnetic flux.

* They should be placed as close to the injector rail (usually steel) as possible on a rubber line or on a plastic fuel filter (but not on a steel filter).

If more than 1 magnet is used (advisable)...they should be placed on opposite sides of the fuel line...or rotated 120 degrees around the line. They should be spaced maybe 4" to 5" apart on the line.

* If possible they should be placed on the line that goes directly to the injectors or the carb...not on the line that bleeds excess fuel back to the tank....though this is not always possible. They can be placed on both.

* The magnets should be kept away from electrical sensors and wires if possible.

* With some vehicles...a length of fuel line could be added right before the fuel rail or carb to allow placement of the magnets.

* Several magnets can be heavy...you will likely need to support the fuel line in some way.

WARNING! You should know what you are doing IF you cut or replace a fuel line. ONLY high pressure fuel line can be used on fuel injected engines. All connections must be secure.

Furnace and water heater use...

* How many to use? As a guess I'd say at least 2 neo 40 magnets for natural gas or propane. For fuel oil probably 3 or 4. If using the ceramic blocks...use 2xs as many? Same for the 1/2" neo discs or cubes.

The magnets with attached plates should not need to be insulated for gas furnace/water heater use.

For fuel oil it's possible they they should be insulated if in an enclosed cabinet and near the burner. The magnets should be mounted after the pump if possible.

* They should be either taped on the line (using several layers of electrical tape) or nylon cable ties can be used. The magnet should be snug against the line to be most effective.

They should be used on rubber lines or on copper/brass lines ONLY. Usually gas furnaces/water heaters use a corrugated brass line from a steel pipe to the gas valve.

Using magnets on steel lines is a waste of time due to the steels ability to deflect the magnetic flux.

* They should be placed as close to the gas valve as possible (but at least 4" AWAY though).... or as close to the fuel oil pump or burner nozzle as possible on a rubber, brass, or copper line.

If more than 1 magnet is used (advisable)...they should be placed on opposite sides of the fuel line...or rotated 120 degrees around the line. They should be spaced maybe 4" to 5" apart on the line.

* The magnets should be kept away from electrical sensors and wires if possible.

* Several magnet sets can be heavy...you might need to support the fuel line in some way.

This is especially important on metal furnace/water heater lines due to possible fracturing.

How will you know if you've saved fuel?

Vehicles:

Unless you have an mpg readout in your car ('96 or later?)...you will need to keep track of your full tank mileage for at least 3 tanks and then average these 3 figures. Then you should keep a record of your full tank mileage AFTER adding the magnets. Best bet is to use the same station and pump to refill...and allow the pump to shut itself off.

REMEMBER...other factors also determine your gas mileage...such as how hard you drive your car...whether you drive mostly highways or in a city...whether your gas has ethanol in it..whether it is winter or summer...etc. The same is the case with diesel. For a valid comparison you'll need to check your mileage before and after... under similar conditions.

Furnace/water heater:

Obviously you'll use most fuel in winter and this is mostly dependent on how cold it gets.

You CAN determine the HEATING DEGREE DAYS in any particular billing period as shown on your gas bill or the HEATING DEGREE DAYS for any known period where you uses a certain amount of fuel oil or propane.

The term HEATING DEGREE DAYS means the cumulative numbers of degrees in any month where the AVG daily temp in F is LESS than 65F...being an indication of how much energy is needed to heat a building in that area.

http://www.wunderground.com/

You can go to this page...dial in your local area weather...go down to the History & Almanac area...click GO...click the CUSTOM link...and type in the date range you need. Under SUM you will see the heating degree days for this period.

You can then divide the HEATING DEGREE DAYS for any period by the CCFs of gas / or gallons of oil/propane used in the same period to compare BEFORE and AFTER fuel efficiency during winter. You would compare say 3 months during a previous winter vs 3 similar months after installing the magnets. The resulting numbers would tell you if there was an increase in efficiency.

Misc. guesses and impressions concerning the use of magnets:

After reading a lot of patents and using magnets on various things I've come to some tentative conclusions that are based on some limited understanding and limited experience.

* In my experience it seems that magnets on water lines do not reduce the hard water deposits that are seen in serious hard water areas..but maybe there is some reduction in rust deposits.

* For use with fuels...seems that there are a variety of placement options for the magnets...I typically use the S side towards the line in most cases...with some use of bi-polar and cow magnets (poles on the ends, not the sides) where the S pole is placed in the direction of fuel flow. A series of magnets are always placed around the line in order to affect more of the fuel passing through the line.

* Other ways to use magnets involve pairing them opposite on the line with S poles opposite...or N-S poles opposite. Some commercial sets arrange 4 magnets around the line. Usually commercial sets use backing plates.

* Probably best to use at least 2 neo magnets in series as the benefits might come from the fuel entering and leaving the magnetic field (the flux gradient). If this is so...then using a series of 1" x 1/2" x 1/2" block or 1/2" x 1/2" disc neos should be most effective? IMO...at least a 1/2" thickness is required to have an effective amount of flux.

* Some patents advocate using magnets (with the N poles towards the duct) placed on vehicle or furnace air inlets also.

* Generally the more magnetic flux applied to the fuel...the better. Though one patent claimed a reduction in effect from applying too much flux.

* Seems that more flux is required for diesel and fuel oil...maybe 2Xs as for gasoline..propane...natural gas?

* Have seen some claims of serious gains in efficiency when using magnets with propane. Not sure if the magnets were applied to the liquid propane or the gaseous....probably after the regulator.

* Some patents claim interference with the magnetic effect from brass (diesel) and braided ss fuel lines (fuel injection). Copper and rubber OK.

* Some patents claim that slowing the fuel flow as with the fuel inside a filter (not a steel filter) helps the magnets work.

Why and how do magnets affect the fuel? Don't know for sure and can't say many other people do either....though you can read many theories in the patent descriptions and on the sites selling magnets for fuel and water treatment.

Here is one reasonable explanation:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=Slc...-1&output=html

"The concept of exposing hydrocarbon molecules to magnetic fields
dates to J. D. van der Waals and his experiments in the field.
Hydrocarbon fuels have long branched geometric chains of carbon atoms
which have a tendency to fold over onto themselves and on adjoining
molecules due to intermolecular electromagnetic attraction existing
between like molecules or atoms, which is known as van der Waals
forces. In his experiments, van der Waals applied focused magnetic
fields to hydrocarbon chains (oil) and found that the viscosity of the
fluid decreased with the application of the field which, in turn,
caused an increase in the flow rate in the fluid.

The experiment is noteworthy in that hydrocarbon fuels do not exhibit
a dipole moment. It is to be understood that the hydrocarbon based
fuel should not have responded as it did to the presence of the
magnetic field. However, Faraday's investigations showed that all
substances are magnetic, although in most cases the magnetic effect is
very small. In the case of hydrocarbon based fuel, which was formerly
thought to be a polar substance without a magnetic moment, the van der
Waals experiment proved that electrons in all substances can be
affected by an external magnetic field.

It is very important to understand that in a fluid which is subjected
to an external magnetic field the electron excitation (magnetic
moment) occurring affects molecular orientation. Due to the fact that
we are dealing with a fluid, a rearrangement of electron, atomic and
molecular symmetry occurs to accommodate the applied external magnetic
field. This accommodation is attributed to the fact that on the
molecular level a spinning electron subjected to a precise amount of
electromagnetic energy will absorb that energy and "spinflip" into an
aligned state. The exact amount of electromagnetic energy required to
produce a "spinflip" is determined by the g-factor, the gyromagnetic
ratio, discovered by Paul Dirac. Dirac noticed that whole atoms
absorbed and released energy as the electrons underwent "spinflip".

The "spinflip" phenomenon is merely another way of describing the
principle of Conservation of Energy. In the case at hand, this means
that momentum can not simply appear and disappear, as momentum, i.e.
angular momentum, is always conserved in any physical process.

When a magnetic force is applied, the moment as seen by the electron
excitation causes the molecule to tend to align with the direction of
the magnetic field. As the axis of the electrons become aligned with
the external magnetic field, the angular momentum of the molecule no
longer averages out to zero as in the normal case in molecules not
possessing permanent dipole moments. The fluctuating dipole moments
under the influence of the external magnetic field acquires a net
attractive force which produces a stronger bonding with an oxygen ion.

As a result of the produced moment, the complex fuel molecules tend to
uncluster, straighten and produce higher combustion efficiencies. The
increase in combustion efficiency is attributable to the unfolding of
the hydrocarbon molecules which produce an increased surface area for
more complete oxidation of the fuel. The unfolding of the fuel
molecules is the major effect of the dipole being removed from its
neutral state by the applied magnetic field.

There is also a minor effect which contributes to the combustion
efficiency, i.e. the unclustering of the molecular groupings.
Hydrocarbon molecules have a tendency to interlock with other elements
(impurities), not forming other compounds, but temporarily forming
pseudo-compounds. Subjecting these pseudo-compounds to magnetic fields
of appropriate strength and direction tends to uncluster the molecular
grouping resulting in a reduction of fluid viscosity at the
macroscopic level.

Increased combustion yields increased fuel efficiency with lower
hydrocarbon emissions from hydrocarbon based fuel burning apparatus.
However, certain problems remain to be overcome, such as whether to
focus the magnetic field in opposition or directional alignment,
determine magnetic field strength, select appropriate magnetic
materials and determine mounting arrangements for the greatest
efficiency. Earlier attempts have proven to be less than satisfactory,
producing only limited results as can be seen from the discussion of
the teachings of the several patents which follow."

In other words...the fuel passing through the magnetic flux likely has its
molecular bonds loosened to some extent...this having somewhat the same
effect as heating the fuel. This should promote better combustion.

The above patent claims an mpg gain of 11% for gasoline by using a SINGLE
set of ceramic magnets with the N and S poles facing opposite. So it is possible
that applying more magnets than this would be overkill...except for when
used with diesel or fuel oil?

My basic approach is to use several high flux magnets in a series in order
to apply a high level of flux and also to cause the fuel to be forced to move
in and out the the flux fields projected by several magnets. Using the extra
magnets can help overcome issues such as the flux possibly not reaching
the fuel on the other side of the line's ID...fuel moving too fast past the
magnets and so forth. If the fuel saving benefits over time are considered...
the extra cost of using more magnets is not that significant?

As far as magnet orientation..I can't say...though I've typically used magnets
singly with S poles facing the lines. Using them opposite one another with
S-S poles facing or N-S poles facing could also be effective.

Why would these magnets increase fuel mileage when the ones I bought
from so and so especially for mileage gains didn't?

Many of the more easily found advertised commercial magnets sold to increase
gas mileage or even for pain relief include extremely weak ceramic magnets that
have such weak magnetic flux that they stand little chance of doing much at all.
These are sold on mostly advertising claims...not effectiveness.

For more information and links:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/diy_magnet_use/

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugyNA View Post
I LOL every time I see magnets on fuel lines.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I took a class a while back for working with solar, and part of the class was about monitering energy use so you know how to size a solar electric system, the teacher of the class pointed out a commen trend that people who start keeping track of their energy useage have it drop, if you are looking closely at your electric bill each month you aren't going to leave as many lights on, if you keep close track of your gas mileage you aren't as likely to speed.
this is where science comes in, I really like the idea of magnents, and other odd things, but so far no one has been able to proove to me that there is any chemical change, altho I would be open to learning about it if there was a study done.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
Registered Member

Beavis...Butthead...and the other guy. It's real good to see you fellers again.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #5

I think a good experiment would be to test the MPG of a car driven by say an 18 year old. Without the knowledge of the teen add the magnets. take milage readings over a three week period for both conditions. I think this would be a definitive test because the subject would operate the vehicle as they always have and a change in milage would not be influenced by the operator of the test vehicle.

just a thought
Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
Registered Member

Generally you need to test things yourself. You need to control variables. You can't wait around and expect someone else to do the testing.

If they do and they find something....they will likely try to sell it to you anyway....or they will do poor testing to disprove things....or for ratings...etc.

I drive my own car...strangely enough...and drive it fairly consistently. If I would see a 10% change...I would know it.

My variation from typical winter or summer mpg is usually only plus/minus 1 mpg or so....and usually I can understand the why of any variation. Slightly warmer weather...fewer stop signs...or something I'm testing.

Just an opinion.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
Registered Member

IMO, there's only one way magnets can affect anything...

Firstly what they affect is electrons, moving charges, generally there will be no net effect on a molecule that doesn't have a dipole moment. Hydrocarbons do not have dipole moments. Moving charges are affected most strongly by flux lines that they cross at right angles. They are unaffected by travelling along flux lines. At the north or south end of a magnet the flux lines diverge, if two like ends face each other they diverge strongly. This would mean that a charge moving across those poles would mostly travel along flux lines and not cross many. Ergo the only thing that is going to produce a significant effect is opposite poles producing a strong uniform field between them.

So with there being no net dipole moment in fuels, what the heck can we expect it to affect? The answer may be benzene rings. These aromatic structures are seen as sharing electrons resulting in a highly stable molecule, since electrons appear to be free to move around the ring, then a combination of net movement, provided by the flow rate of the fuel and a uniform magnetic field, at right angles, may excite the shared electrons, pumping them round the ring and increasing their energy state. Thus this may make the highly stable aromatic compounds a little easier to break down, i.e. burn. There are a higher amount of aromatics in winter gas than summer gas, it might therefore be expected that a magnet installation exploiting this theory would therefore work better in winter than summer. Since economy is all over the map with temperature fluctuations in winter, it might be hard to quantify results, however, additives such as napthalene (mothballs) with benzene rings, may have effects enhanced by magnets in summer use.

Road Warrior

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote