Peugeot / Citroen may come back to the U.S. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Automotive News, Articles and Products
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
LDB
Registered Member

Lightbulb Peugeot / Citroen may come back to the U.S.

Haven't seen either of them for many many years but according to this they may return to the states and take over the automotive world.

Peugeot-Citroën Confirms Plans for U.S. Sales Within 10 Years – News –Â*Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
Registered Member

I have had 3 Peugeots and 3 Citroëns - all pretty good, but preferred the Citroëns.

Old 04-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Wow exciting news indeed for you guys! It's about time you got some cool cars back in the states. Actually in love with a few Peugeots myself at the minute, especially those designed by thier tuning division Peugeot Sport.

This is the 208 GTI with 200 bhp and an optional two tone matt black/gloss red paint job, what a hoot.

Or this Golf gti alternative, just 1.6 litres but almost 300 bhp, what a machine!

Then there's the stylish RCZ-R with the same 1.6 engine, 270 bhp and 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. Not forgetting these award winning engines are extremely fuel efficient too. There's a few Citroens I like too, French cars have come on leaps and bounds in recent years.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #4
LDB
Registered Member

I really like that second one. I recall in the 60's/70's the French cars were not highly regarded. My dad had a Renault in the late 50's, a Dauphine I think but no clue as it was somewhere around the time I was born. I just wish they were coming in a year or so rather than a decade or so.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rfruth
This stands a better chance than Elio but won't hold my breath for either

rfruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I really like that second one. I recall in the 60's/70's the French cars were not highly regarded. My dad had a Renault in the late 50's, a Dauphine I think but no clue as it was somewhere around the time I was born. I just wish they were coming in a year or so rather than a decade or so.
Was anything from any country built well from that era? It was along time ago. French cars are now considered second most reliable after Japanese, and have the most efficient engines on the planet. I think even some of the smaller non-performance engines would be popular in the US, people seem more open to new things now, it seemed for decades nothing changed in the car market.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
Registered Member

If the Peugeot dealer had their ex demonstrator 208 diesel in the showroom (and not away as a member of staffs personal ride!) they would have been able to close me on it there and then, and I wouldn't have ever reached the Toyota garage, 3 showrooms later!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:36 AM   #8
Registered Member

Haha, that cost them and you then Ben! The 208 is a great little car, I'm kind of undecided which I like best, the gti for its fun factor, the slow but frugal 75 bhp diesel which has broken records with its ridiculous 104 MPG, or the one that lies in-between, the 120 BHP diesel GT, got the sporty looks and performance too, but still pretty epic on fuel (official figures rank it at 88 MPG so it would likely get similar economy to mine)

Old 04-09-2016, 03:16 AM   #9
Registered Member

Well, I must admit, the roomier cabin of the Prius is a treat compared to the supermini layout - my long suffering wife is most appreciative of the comfier space, armrest and far more features (heated seats and dual climate her fave, as I like it cold, she likes it way too hot!). A surprising bonus of the CVT is less stress - she was forever faffing with the heating controls as I reached for the gear stick, a constant source of annoyance! I like the look and economy of superminis, but must admit that for a couple in their 40s and 50s, these smaller vehicles are best suited to younger and thinner people!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:56 AM   #10
LDB
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlovesgoddess View Post
best suited to younger and thinner people!
I resemble that remark, in the 180 degrees away manner. I can barely imagine a 1xx mpg vehicle other than some 50cc scooters. I guess in U.S. mpg it would be 8x-9x mpg rated and in real life maybe get 7x mpg but even that is amazing. It will be interesting to check out when they finally get here.