Regal Named as Next Buick Sedan - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > News and Articles > Automotive News, Articles and Products
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow Regal Named as Next Buick Sedan

As part of Buick GMC's strategy to engage and listen to its dealers, more than 1,000 dealers this week will be the first to learn the name of Buick's next mid-size sport sedan will be the Buick Regal. The announcement was made at the Buick GMC dealer business meeting.

The transformation of Buick began with our luxury crossover, the Buick Enclave and continued this year with the launch of the 2010 LaCrosse premium sedan, said Susan Docherty, Buick GMC General Manager. We're thrilled to announce that the Regal will be the next member of the Buick family.

The Regal name has played a very important role in Buick's history for many years and continues to be one of the top Buick nameplates recalled by consumers even though it's been out of the market for the past six years.

Buick is emerging as a modern, premium marquee with vehicles characterized by sculpted designs, personal technologies, luxurious interiors and responsive performance. Future new sedans and crossovers will continue to expand Buick's portfolio both in North America and China. More information can be found at www.buick.com.

About General Motors: General Motors, one of the world's largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 219,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in some 140 countries. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 34 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GM's largest national market is the United States, followed by China, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Canada, Russia and Germany. GM's OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services. General Motors acquired operations from General Motors Corporation on July 10, 2009, and references to prior periods in this and other press materials refer to operations of the old General Motors Corporation. More information on the new General Motors can be found at www.gm.com.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
Registered Member

My first car was a '77 Buick Regal.

#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Team / Moderator

Those were nice, bigger than my Regal.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:59 PM   #4

I hope for Buick's sake the regal is a rebadged G8 GT. that car would fit the size for that name and fit Buick's luxo rocket history.
Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

The information I just came across suggests that its a rebadged Opel Insignia.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #6

As if driving a Buick wasn't bad enough, who is going to be the first idiot to buy a Chinese Buick?
dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

Although they're sold in China, I thought the car was actually made at the Opel factory in Germany.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #8

The Opel is made in Europe, the Buick is made in China. It would be prohibitively expensive to try to produce the car in Europe and sell it in the US or China. The base 1.6 liter Opel starts at € 23,100.00 or $34,648. Hardly competitive. The Buick costs 179,900 RMB or $26,347.39 It'll have to be made in China or the US or Mexico.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
Site Team / Moderator

Arrow

From what I understand Buick is an extremely popular brand in China, and that's the primary reason Buick hasn't been dropped yet.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #10

Yes, they sell more Buicks in China than the US. It was only a matter of time before they started importing them directly from China. There is really no point to making this car in North America.
I'm sure glad the US government bailed out GM so they can sell us Chinese cars now.