The seven weirdest car fuels - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
jmf
Registered Member

i've run my 97 dodge ram on wood-gas, you can put any dry biomass into the gassifier. they are also carbon nuetral. it's a little more complicated than the discription above, it doesn't smolder it burns at 1200C to gassify the wood.

jmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:53 AM   #12
Registered Member

A '97? what did you use for a carb for it? Was it switchable back to gas?

I might experiment with Marvin when I get another motor built up for him, half of 136HP isn't a lot to drag him round, but half of 180+HP should be bearable.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #13
jmf
Registered Member

you don't need a carb. It works better on somthing fuel injected, the computer adjusts the spark for you. I just had a switch to shut off the fuel system so i could go from gasoline to woodgas.

my truck

Old 09-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #14
Registered Member

No carb? How is induction controlled?

The plans I've seen have this "gas carburettor" which is like two concentric half inch tubes with a large hole drilled through and rotated relative to each other in a venturi to allow more or less gas to enter.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
jmf
Registered Member

I"ve been told that my truck looks like it's from Roadwarrior. The outlet of the gasifier is piped to the air intake, so the engine vacuum pulls it in. I was amazed at how simple it was and it could work with almost any vehicle.