450,000 mile Tesla - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2019, 12:35 AM   #11
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 618
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Kirkcaldy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
That's why its a bad choice for taxi drivers.
Funny you should say that. Here in Kirkcaldy there are a load of Leaf taxis. Because they are not on the road for 24 hours at a time a charge lasts for a 12 hour shift then they charge on their off time.
The new Leaf 3 coming available now does have thermal management and a 62kWh battery in the E+.
__________________

__________________
2006 Honda Jazz 1.2i-DSi S Vivid Blue Pearl
JockoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,600
Country: United States
Location: north east PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Yep, they did a 100% charge everytime apparently instead of the recommended 80%. The New Leaf only allows a certain amount of rapid charges a day doesn't it, as the battery doesn't have thermal management. That's why its a bad choice for taxi drivers. Another reason I hate the new leaf...
Why just the new one? It is the same cooling system as in the first generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
Funny you should say that. Here in Kirkcaldy there are a load of Leaf taxis. Because they are not on the road for 24 hours at a time a charge lasts for a 12 hour shift then they charge on their off time.
The new Leaf 3 coming available now does have thermal management and a 62kWh battery in the E+.
Nissan added fans to the Plus by the sounds of it.https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/05...ooled-battery/
Every other BEV with similar range uses liquid thermal management. Even the new Escape and Explorer hybrids are using liquid cooling.
__________________

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,761
Country: United Kingdom
Location: Mid Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
Why just the new one? It is the same cooling system as in the first generation.
Because if you're the first manufacturer to produce the best selling mainstream EV in the world, you're supposed to improve the next one. I feel like the latest leaf is a huge letdown, still looks a bit bland, poor range compared to rivals, limited rapid charging, lack of thermal management means the battery degradation will be accelerated, still too expensive, average interior, poor infotainment screen, low res reversing camera, non digital/virtual dash and its also pretty naff to drive. For just a few thousand more dollars on top of a range topping leaf, you can have a model 3, no comparison.
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:31 AM   #14
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,600
Country: United States
Location: north east PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Because if you're the first manufacturer to produce the best selling mainstream EV in the world, you're supposed to improve the next one. I feel like the latest leaf is a huge letdown, still looks a bit bland, poor range compared to rivals, limited rapid charging, lack of thermal management means the battery degradation will be accelerated, still too expensive, average interior, poor infotainment screen, low res reversing camera, non digital/virtual dash and its also pretty naff to drive. For just a few thousand more dollars on top of a range topping leaf, you can have a model 3, no comparison.
My question was because your complaints there can be applied to the first one. They are just worse for the second one, because it should have greater improvement over the first.

I'm disappointed in the Prius Prime for the same reason.
__________________

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Fuelly Android Apps
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.