New Tesla - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #11
Registered Member

Like most Tesla claims, I'm going to hold back my enthusiasm. They can't even get Model 3's out and they have fairly persistent quality problems.

Granted, I don't think cars are their endgame; creating a buzz for electric cars and monetizing the infrastructure is. But let's hold back on the enthusiasm until the company's a bit more settled?

Old 11-23-2017, 11:12 PM   #12
Registered Member

Agreed to an extent, they are so far ahead of themselves, supply cannot meet the epic demand, pre ordered deposits are a great way of making quick capital, and investing into the system, but people waiting years for cars, and investors waiting even longer to get a return, its not a good situation.

On the flip side, a company that can secure almost half a million orders on a car that no one has even seen yet is pretty impressive, even though people know they don't make the best cars in the world. Any other car manufacturer cannot claim such a thing.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:09 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
It's a Targa not a Roadster. Porsche has had them for decades. Very cool car. I might get one when I win the lotto. I'd probably rather have that battery pack in the S though.
Agreed. While it's a VERY nice looking car, I'd prefer a convertible. A hardtop convertible would've been a nice choice.

When they first arrived, I remember looking through a retail store window at US$14,000 flat panel TVs. Now they're SO cheap it's almost easier to buy another rather than go through the trouble of dusting the old one.

As battery tech improves 5% year-over-year, as it has been reliably doing for many years, cars like this Tesla will get much cheaper.

The question though, at that time, will be, if you need/want one, as all the cars will be self-driving by that time. A self-driving sports car? Kinda an oxymoron.

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote