Tesla Model X - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > Electric and Solar powered
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #11
Registered Member

Ha, this is the Dacia I remember from 20 years ago living in Hungary. It was based on the Ranualt 15, it was a brand new car that was designed 20 years before. Things were a lot different 20 years ago and they will be a lot different 20 years from now.

I don't think I could ever live without an internal combustion engine, that's why I like my sportbikes so much. This quote sums up perfectly how I feel:

"....and here we see the automotive enthusiast in his natural habitat. The enthusiast is a noisy creature, feeding off of the energy gained by telling all within earshot that what he thinks makes a car ‘good’ is a universal and unassailable truth. Sadly, since this creature is completely blind to the fact that fewer and fewer of his kind exist, the enthusiast is currently listed as ‘Vulnerable” by the IUCN and may soon be moved to the ‘critically endangered’ list." David Attenborough

luv2spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:32 AM   #12
Registered Member

Nice quote. In a few years, we will look back and reminisce about the ICE, with all its complicated parts and maintenance, and how we used fossilised bugs and plants drilled from the earth as fuel and lubricants. We used to worship the sound of these fossilised bugs and plants exploding down these steel pipes on the back of sports cars. Kids will look at us in disbelief like "WTF"

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
Registered Member

I looked at a Dacia Sandero diesel, it was in my top 3 picks back in 2013 - based on price.
By charging higher interest on finance, the lower sticker price was not such a great saving overall.
Though I now know all the published fuel figures are bull, the Sandero would still return 20% less to the gallon than the Rio or i20, meaning car cost/fuel cost over 5 years was about equal. The diesel Sandero was about £8,500, the other two just over £12,000.
Mum in law also looked at one - but we were subjected to the worse type of lying salesman. Kept changing the price, charging for standard kit as extras. The build quality I also worried about, as for instance air vents still had extra waste plastic, like on toy army men! We walked out, she got a pink Suzuki Alto for the same price, she's very happy with it.
I didn't even know Tesla cars were in the UK....!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:29 PM   #14
Registered Member

Yes I know what you mean about the Dacia, I test drove one a few years ago. They are built with very low cost plastics and are pretty basic, but in fairness, that's more than reflected in the price. I kind of like the Base model with plastic bumpers, steel wheels, wind up windows and no radio, it's just a car, less to go wrong.

Not many Teslas over here in Wales yet, I've only seen 2. Got overtaken by one last week in a silent whoosh, was pretty cool, but pretty bland to look at. Looked like a Peugeot in my rear view mirror.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:49 PM   #15
Registered Member

I thought the model S has nice lines - maybe could benefit from longer rear end.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:49 AM   #16
Registered Member

The Tesla haters are mostly people that lost money trying to short its stock.

Tesla has been exporting to most markets that could afford that type of car nearly from the beginning. The incentives in Norway make them real popular.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #17
Registered Member

There was a little film of the Tesla model X on New Top Gear on Sunday, they drag raced against a Charger Helical with 700 BHP. Obviously it won. What do they retail for there? The range topping model here will be £100,000 which is about $145,000 USD. Pretty pricey.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #18
Registered Member

I looked at the US website and it looks like they are going for between $90,000 - $125,000 without government incentives. I was glad to see the Model X on Top Gear as well, the last two episodes were very good and I really like Top Gear Extra.
luv2spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:24 PM   #19
LDB
Registered Member

According to Edmunds the U.S. price is $84,200 or $96,700 or $116,700 depending on which model/trim level of the X you choose.

LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:05 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2spd View Post
I looked at the US website and it looks like they are going for between $90,000 - $125,000 without government incentives. I was glad to see the Model X on Top Gear as well, the last two episodes were very good and I really like Top Gear Extra.
New Top gear is ok, first episode was a bit meh, second was a bit better, third was much more entertaining, but I found the recent one a bit boring, especially Matt buying a Motorbike, I mean c'mon its a car show! Doesn't seem much chemistry between the presenters, no-where near as funny as the lads from old Top Gear (RIP)

Extra gear is good though, I agree.