Updated Renault Zoe 250 mile range - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
Registered Member

Here are some interesting facts about the Renault EV'S.

Renault just leased thier 100,000th battery.

Leasing is more popular than buying, 94% of people leased thier battery in the UK.

Current ZOE owners can now pay a bit more per month and upgrade the battery to the higher capacity 40 KWH battery.

Leasing gives the battery a lifetime warranty, Renault will replace as many times as necessary during the vehicles life.

They have a 100,000 mile warranty (not that that matters as if capacity drops below the reasonable threshold, it's replaced for free when leasing)

If you pay the maximum per month of £110, there is no mileage limit at all, meaning taxi drivers and the like will save thousands. An indicator of how reliable and cheap batteries have become.

More info here: http://www.greencarguide.co.uk/2017/...cle-batteries/

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #12
Registered Member

Easy to claim most leased the battery when it was the only option for most of the car's availability.

trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #13
Registered Member

Was it? I thought it was compulsory, but wasn't sure when the buy battery option became available.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #14
Registered Member

So I've had an idea. Just spotted a "new" zoe, 2015 model year but with just 41 miles on the clock, with the old 22 KWH battery. Now Renault offer the battery upgrade, I'm considering buying it, having the battery swapped and selling the car on, hopefully for a lot more as there are very few 44 KWH battery ZOE'S on the road yet.

The battery lease only jumps by £10 a month which is incredible considering the battery has 100% more capacity and range than the current model. The price of the car I've seen is £6495, about $8000 dollars, extremely cheap for any car with just 41 miles on the odometer, especially an EV.

Just trying to figure if there's a fee for the battery swap, or if you just carry on paying the extra on the lease per month, could hamper my profit otherwise. Any advice/tips on this?

Old 10-09-2017, 03:39 AM   #15
Registered Member

So I've researched the battery upgrade costs. To have the larger battery pack retro fitted to a Zoe will set you back almost £10,000 (if you already own the current battery) however if you lease the pack, you only have to pay just over £3000. Still a lot of money, apparently Renault want to sell more new ZOE'S rather than encouraging people to upgrade which makes sense.