Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Alternative Fuels > People Powered
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #21
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnmeyer View Post
Watch out for the door-zone on that lil' thing...

AirZound. Good stuff.
Yes Yes

I'm looking at all them new-fangled Hydro-disc brakes for my next bike proj, I'm liking the Tektro stuff so far. Juicys' just seem to command too much of a premium. Ebay has complete Tektro sets for the same price as Juicy fronts.
[/QUOTE]

The Juicy's are nice But they were bought with the intention of passing down to future teams. Way overkill for me - but they sure stop 250+ pounds of vehicle and rider in a hurry

Quote:
I seem to be finding that people (I) have a tendency to want to "overbuy" components. I remember being hesitant about my Long Haul Trucker b/c it had a lowly Tiagra front derailleur. Hasn't been an issue, hell I've only shifted the front derailleur less than a dozen times so far.
I have the opposite problem for my personal stuff I ride on very old equipment, and just don't update for myself... That mostly comes down to need - I don't compete. And the lower your expectations, the easier success is guaranteed (and the further your money will go) <-- college mentality?

Quote:
So anyway, save yourself some $$$ and only get the good components where they matter like the rear derailleur, front brake, shifters, saddle (silly 'bent riders )
Totally, the last owner changed the brakes to Avid10 direct cantilevers - and they are really not too bad. I've been screwing around with locking up both wheels (and nearly eating pavement several times), and haven't had issue with them.

No more numb nuts after a long ride on a 'bent saddle

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 AM   #22
Registered Member

Wow! 50 bucks? Fall must be a good time to. Scoop up the bike deals on craigslist. Just picked up an older road bike for 25 over the weekend which I plan to show-and-tell when I get a chance. Enjoy the 'bent.

cafn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
And now the conclusion of this thread... that's right - I found my 'bent...

A Challenge Distance - found on eBay

Should be arriving in a couple weeks So I spent more than the Metro - but I get much better components, racks (rear and mid), a mirror etc I'm really excited -- thanks for everyone's input

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote