A big THANK YOU to active posters so far - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #1
Driving on E

A big THANK YOU to active posters so far

A big thank you to all of the active posters so far. A new website is never easy to belong to, as most people want to only post to established communities. I think that we're already on the right track.

For the first few days, we had many new registrations. We're at 40 members right now, and it seems that a handful are very actively posting. As with all online communities I've belonged to, only a small percentage of the total membership actively post.

I'd like to thank all of you that have put www.gassavers.org in your signature lines on other forums. it is currently the #1 referrer to this website. Most of our hits come from various Honda forums, and a handful have come from VW forums (thanks bagpipe goatee and SVOBoy).

When I am more comfortable with the layout (look for changes in the new few weeks). I will begine very small google ad campaigns. I will spend $1/day in advertising, which will essentially give us 20 clicks a day from other websites. If 1 of those 20 clicks turns into a user, it means that we can probably get 2 or 3 active posters a month (hopefully more).

Either way, spreading the word is the best way to help the site, and to bring new ideas and experiences to the table.

I will soon be changing how the articles work (after tuesday sometime) so that you can submit your articles/writeups, etc. very easily. I will then read your article, approve it, and post it. As the site grows in number I will be recruiting others to also proofread these articles.

If you have a writeup you'd like to submit now, please PM me by clicking here: http://www.gassavers.org/privatemsg/msgto/1 and i will give you an email address where you can send me your article.

Thanks again for all of your signature lines promoting the site. It seriously makes a world of difference.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
*shrug*

Another non-OBD2 fuel economy computer?

Getting any hits from www.newjerseygasprices.com? They don't know so much over there so I am just saying enticing tidbits and then posting the link as my name/signature since they don't have an auto one and hoping people follow.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

This site will grow - it could even explode!

I’m glad to be here. I’d like to express my appreciation for displaying the cover of my book along with the link. I hope a lot of people benefit from the book. I’m anxious to hear comments from those who read it. :-)

Paul Osborne
Paul Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
Driving on E

Article module

I just changed the way that articles are listed. Now articles can be more easily searched by author, publication, or content. Later tonight or tomorrow I will add a way for users to submit articles.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #5
Driving on E

New layout

I'm in the midst of working on a new layout that I feel will make the site more user friendly. It's a layout I developed a while back for another site, and am now bringing it back to life for this site.

The basic idea is that i want the layout to be simple and very user friendly. I don't want the bells and whistles that eat up bandwidth and get on all of our nerves.

This is one of the reasons I chose this software in the first place.

When it's ready for testing, I'll let you know.