A couple of UX suggestions for fill-up form - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-18-2015, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

A couple of UX suggestions for fill-up form

There's a few things on the new fillup page which annoy me and make it take longer to complete.

For one, I wish I could select the cost unit - it defaults to £ / $ when I'd rather it display in pence (or cents), so I can just type, for example, 105.9 instead of 1.059. Just about all UK petrol stations indicate prices in pence per litre, even though they're over 100p.

I wish I could complete the time box without having to insert a hyphen - that'd be a timesaver when using my phone's soft keyboard. A simple regex replace should be able to add a colon to the submitted input.

synergist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion. We have quite a few UK users, even a couple that are pretty active on the forums and this is the first I've seen of this suggestion.

If a few others wouldn't mind chiming in, we can definitely look into making the adjustment to better accommodate our user-base.

As for the time, where are you entering a hyphen? Did you mean ":" (colon)?
I show you're primarily entering your data via the web, but you mentioned you're viewing the site from your mobile device. Have you tried Fuelly Mobile (m.fuelly.com)?

Also, taking a look at your fuel-log, I noticed you're marking nearly every single fill-up as a Partial/Missed. Is this intentional?

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
Registered Member

Right up until 2009/10 fuel had always been under £1 a litre, so 88.9 pence per litre etc. When it started going over £1 they just left everything as it was, so it became 110, 120, 130 pence per litre instead of £1 and 30 pence. I cant actualy remember if there is a decimal on the display signs now, but either way, however fuelly asks for it, thats the way I like it, but I guess everyone has thier own way of doing things.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for the background info Draigflag!

I'll pass this along to see if it's something we can change. I cant promise anything at the moment but it will be considered.

We should have a fix for the timestamp that the colon is autofilled fairly soon though.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote