A feature I'd like Fuelly to add to site - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

A feature I'd like Fuelly to add to site

I have an Honda Insight and there are 102 others who do too. It would be great if there was an easier way to see mpg comparisons with the other Insight drivers rather than memorizing my avg mpg, scrolling down the list of cars (which are listed by alphabetical order) and counting in my head which ones are getting better/worse mileage than me. Can Fuelly add "sort" functionality to this area so that I and other Honda Insight drivers (and drivers of other cars) can see this info at a glance?

Keen4Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
pb

I completely understand your frustration, but we aren't going to add this. We have some of our thinking about this in the FAQ here: Why don't you list everything in order of best fuel economy? It boils down to the fact that this site completely relies on honest reporting to work. So if we add any incentive to get to the top of a list, we'll get dishonest data. Anytime you add a leaderboard of any kind to a public site, you add a reason for people to cheat.

I know this is frustrating, and it'd be nice to see which users are doing best across various data points. But we feel very strongly about not providing ways for people to "win" at using Fuelly. We want the site to be about tracking things for yourself and sharing that info.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

Point well taken. It has never occurred to me to cheat on my stats. In order to do that I would have to input fabricated fuel data but to what end? Seems like that would defeat the purpose. P.S. My issue is not about feeling frustrated, as I can obtain the information I want, albeit clunkily. But I do understand Fuelly's position.
Keen4Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
pb

...but to what end?

To be on the top of a list. Nothing more than that. We've learned through our experience running other sites that motivation is enough for many people to go to great lengths.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #5

Add a fuel efficiency report with graphs and stuff. Would it also be possible to get km/L instead of L/100 km?
Cryss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #6
pb

Thanks for the ideas, Cryss. We probably won't be adding km/L in the near term, sorry about that.