A Fuelly within Fuelly...?! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

A Fuelly within Fuelly...?!

Hi, I love the sheer number of makes and models on Fuelly - but I only look at a few dozen of them. Of these few dozen types, I may look closer at a handful of examples of each. I wonder if it would be possible to make a shortlist of these models of interest, so all saved members rides could be viewed in the same way as a year of a manufacturers model is accessed now? For friendly competition against similar vehicles, or cars you used to own, are thinking of owning, or are just intrigued by.

Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
Registered Member

Not a bad idea Ben, perhaps a "favorite" button, for makes, models and/or certain users.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes! Click favourite, then you get them added to a list on your own dashboard. Perhaps you can choose then whether this is an open or private list? Though no reason to make it private I guess!
I would love to pick (either random, or best, can't decide!) model or two from each of my cars of interest - so economical models, both old and new. I guess retired cars are a static figure, but it would be interesting to follow active models over their lifetime. I gather Fuelly doesn't like to rank cars by MPG to avoid cheats trying to promote falsely high figures, but as these would be chosen by members based on personal interest it shouldn't cause the same fear?
I suppose it is the technical difficulties, or lack of them, that are relevant (and not just you and I wanting it!) - I am clueless when it comes to websites, programming and the like.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #4
Registered Member

And/Or a way to view nearby vehicles.
Or sort by City/Hiway use.

For highway driving I get 6-7 l/100km summer, 7-8 in winter.
For city driving I get 9-10 l/100km summer, 12-14 in winter, 15+ in extreme cold.
LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Registered Member

I'm not keen on the city/highway feature, I might choose not to display it. My fuel last between 3 and 5 weeks, I can barely remember what I was doing yesterday nevermind a Month ago. I guessed all my city/highway percentages and have no idea how accurate they are. But I guess for people who do keep track, I might be a useful comparison tool.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:34 AM   #6
Registered Member

Yes LittleHim, it's all coming together! To my shame, though I personally don't fill in the city/highway stats (I must by 95% highway in the Hyundai, 90% highway in the Honda), I do take notice of it when reviewing other peoples figures.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #7
Registered Member

For people researching, knowing where and how a vehicle is driven could make a big difference.
For somebody in Vermont who only drives in the city the fuel economy of a highway driven vehicle Texas is irrelevant, especially in the winter. Or parts of the United Kingdom vs parts Switzerland.

LittleHim is offline   Reply With Quote