A preview of our new site for Earth Day! - Page 18 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #171
Registered Member

Change is always good. So far it's just ok, but once I get used to it, I'll like it just as much or even more as the old layout.

I like things bunched together so I don't have to scroll around very much. That's just my opinion.

Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #172

Thanks for the info ;-)

CROCK42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #173
Registered Member

Thanks pb, will test on friday before I leave for holiday ... will need to fill up again.

Keep up this awesome site!!!!
allancawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #174

Loving the new design! My suggestion is that it would be really nice if I could set a default City/Highway value per vehicle.

For example, my Camry is almost always highway only whereas my Grand Prix is mainly city only.

If a default value could be set per vehicle, then it would automatically apply to each fill up, and then I could go back and change only the ones that were different then my default instead of having to go in and change them all.

Keep up the good work!
ahampton2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #175

For those that can't be bothered to read through some of the previous posts:

1: Yes, you can now hide the right-hand side bar/add section. There is a link for it right below the ad. When clicked, it stays off and there is an arrow to turn it back on at the top on the right.

2: Notes can now be fully expanded and stay there if you choose. Below the list of recent fill ups, to the right of the view all fill ups/annual reports is a link to expand the notes.

3: You can add customized reporting for various fields such as monthly, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, etc for things like MPG, Mileage, Costs, etc. Use the link labeled "Want to display some custom stats here?" between your basic stats and your average monthly MPG graph. This will take you to a page where you can set them.

Do them one at a time, and click "add" or "save" each time you set or change one. You have to do these one at a time. If you try to set up like 4 and then hit add or change, only the one you hit add or change on will actually go through. They are displayed in rows of 4 at a time. I have setup 8 of them as an example.

Hope that helps, as seeing a repeat of these issues, over and over without anyone actually reading the fact that they are addressed is distressing to say the least.

I for one like most of the changes.
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #176

An update. I reviewed the notes field further. Someone mentioned it didn't show the notes fully, whereas on mine they show up fine, even if they are in a small column, the field expands down to allow all of the note to show.

Now, those of you using custom font sizing or zoom features of your browser could have issues with text and notes displaying correctly. Keep that in mind. If you are not sure, you can always check your settings:

Internet Explorer users:

At the very bottom right corner, should be a percentage button, which should be on 100. If not, click and adjust it.

Also in IE, using the menu bar (may have to enable it - right click on the upper tool bar area and click "menu bar") choose view- then text size, make sure its set to medium.

Firefox users, just go to the View option in your menu (version 4 users may have to enable their menu bar) Look for Zoom and choose "Reset" from that menu. It will reset all zoom features for site and text to defaults.

For other browsers, there should be similar settings. If you are not sure if that helps or not, try other browsers, or even a different computer. Some computers use large font/zoomed fonts for their display settings and that can also mess pages up.

Keep these things in mind, as the designers are using computers set to defaults to create the pages. Anytime I encounter people having an issue with a web page, the first thing I do is check the visual settings of the browser and the computer.

Thanks!
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #177

very fresh look and update is needed, looking forward when it rolls out from beta.
antsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 AM   #178

I am a little disappointed how the notes without a fuel up look. They are on an blank line with a narrow column when expanded.

Old way, the notes without fuel up are on the entire line, starting at the date.
Pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 AM   #179

you should make an iPhone / Android app...

would be so much quicker to access while in the car
myyellas2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #180
Gio

Some good new features there, thanks. 4 points:

1) Still think you should allow people to choose 300ZX Z31 and 300ZX Z32. I added 300ZX Z32 but that does not seem to be on the menu for others to choose. With just 300ZX, you are mixing up 2 different cars.

2) Would be great to have a function to track business mileage vs personal mileage. I know this is outside the current remit of Fuelly but anyone who needs to track this for claiming expenses would be able to use Fuelly to do it (claim alllowance per mile and specific notes on each business trip would also be neat).

3) Have you thought about cars which have dual fuel (eg LPG and petrol)? Don't know how common this is in US but it is getting more used over here in UK and (I think) Europe.

4) What about a flag for manual gearbox / auto gearbox? People could compare manual vs auto mpg both in general and (like with mine) cars which have both models available.

Anyway, nice site to begin with and added cute with the new version. Thanks.

Gio is offline   Reply With Quote