A suggestion to improve the site - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

A suggestion to improve the site

CC rating of cars?

As far as I can tell, there is nothing to confirm the engine size of cars when browsing (for example) Honda Civics. Most models within years had several engine sizes and in some cases both carb and injected versions depending on the market. Differentiating between these would really help deciding on car purchases.

If I'm wrong and have missed this feature please correct me and point me to the right place to read up on them!

buttersnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Registered Member

I post these in my car description so people know. But an additional optional box for users to add this information could be good. Or it could more confusion if people start putting in incorrect info.

Cityscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
Site Team

Our plan is to roll out a feature which will require members to categorize their vehicles in a more granular manner. This will include everything from engine types, transmission types all the way through trim levels. We plan to show high level crowd sourced data along with a way for users to dig deeper as they please. We don't have an ETA on this enhancement but we are working on the underlying data model at this time.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Registered Member

You already have problems with the same vehicle showing up in more than one place. For example, Suzuki's LS650 is listed as the Suzuki Savage, the Suzuki Boulevard S40, and the Savage (without the Suzuki name). All are the same machine with minor updates.

Sometimes makers continue the same name for completely different cars, too. The Pontiac Sunbird was originally a rear-wheel drive, but GM kept the Sunbird name when they redesigned it to a front-wheel drive smaller car.
Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. I guess the best thing to do for now is include as much info as possible.

andyrobo, how about in the meantime amending the "add a vehicle" page note to suggest people include cc rating in the description? Just a thought.

It's currently "Optional details about your car. (eg. "VW Jetta SEL 5-cylinder 170 hp...")"
buttersnz is offline   Reply With Quote