Additional Filters? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #1

Additional Filters?

I'm doing research on my next vehicle purchase and had incorporated the fuelly site to get real world fuel usage information. I was curious to see if it's possible to add more filters?

More specifically for me, I'm looking to buy a used truck; one that is an extended cab 4x4 (not a crew cab) and wanted to see the differences in fuel economy within the same truck model, but with different body configurations. There are filters to separate V6 from V8, but nothing to filter 2wd/4wd, standard cab/ext cab/crew cab, or manual/auto transmission.

As a side note, I want to thank Fuelly staff for providing us a great website to track and share our fuel usage data. This has been a great tool for me to track my total usage and total fuel costs. Thanks so much!

phlygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 AM   #2
pb

No, we're not interested in adding more data to track at this time. We know there are many people who would like to see more details about each vehicle, but we want to keep the site friendly for non-enthusiasts. We understand that means the browsing side of the site isn't as great as it could be, but our focus right now is getting the most people tracking their mileage as possible. Without people adding data, there's nothing to compare in the first place.

We have more of our thinking on this in the FAQ: Why don't you track more vehicle details? And here are some the recent past discussions we've on this topic here in the forum: 1, 2, 3.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote