Android app doesn't save to server - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Registered Member

Android app doesn't save to server

Since the last update of the app (where the interface turned into an ugly yellowish color in over sized fields...)I cannot update my activity.

I even deleted the app and reinstalled it, only to experience the same problem. Using the PC to add a refuel is not a problem - although the similar interface to the phone app is still ugly - as the PC access actually saves the data and the dashboard is updated immediately.

In the phone app (Motorola RAZR MAXX in Verizon 4LTE) I can enter the data, but when I touch the button at the bottom of the screen (Add Fuel-up) and data I entered is still there but the screen jumps up to the first entry (Miles since last fuel up), the cursor is waiting in the field and the data was never sent to the server.... Nothing happens.

Anyone?

PS - The phone app was great before the update with its blue input interface.

devek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Team

That Android app was created by a Fuelly user and it's basically a wrapper that simply calls our mobile site (http://m.fuelly.com). We are looking into why this "wrapper" is not working and would suggest simply accessing the mobile site directly from Chrome on your Android phone.

We are hoping to find the issue and get a fix out to the app ASAP but don't have an ETA yet.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you. I will try that.

The mobile site looks exactly like the new phone app, as if the phone app was simply a conduit to your website... just without the ability to actually save the entries.

I will be able to report again after my next refuel.

Thanks again.
devek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

You should really release an official app, even if it is just a wrapper to the mobile website.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Site Team

kelemvor, The Fuelly user who created the Android wrapper app transferred it to us and we are going to rebuild it so it will work. That's really just a temporary fix as we joined forces with aCar which will be integrated into Fuelly in the near future. That means that we will have a native app soon. It also means a larger community to pool data from which should increase the reliability of our crowdsourced statistics.
andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
Registered Member

I actually see two Fuelly apps. One says it's owned by Fuelly, LLC but hasn't been updated since 2012. And one that's owned by ISOM Dev that was updated about a month ago.

Does either one work currently?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
Registered Member

Fuelly Web App
Is the app being discussed above.

Fuelly Fuel-Up
was created by a thirdparty (ISOM Dev) to just format a text message to fit our Fill-up via SMS feature.

---
I strongly recommend just using our Mobile Site.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:27 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
Fuelly Web App
Is the app being discussed above.

Fuelly Fuel-Up
was created by a thirdparty (ISOM Dev) to just format a text message to fit our Fill-up via SMS feature.

---
I strongly recommend just using our Mobile Site.
The mobile site is great, but it doesn't show up on my App list since it's not an actual app. I have to take the site, make it a favorite in the browser, then add a shortcut to the favorite on my home page. Then if that shortcut gets deleted I have to do it all over again.

That's why there should be an official app. I'm sure it'd take an actual programmer all of 30 minutes to make an app with one screen that is just a web container that loads up the mobile site anyway. Same end result but it would show up as an actual app and be easier to use and manage.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
The mobile site is great, but it doesn't show up on my App list since it's not an actual app. I have to take the site, make it a favorite in the browser, then add a shortcut to the favorite on my home page. Then if that shortcut gets deleted I have to do it all over again.
I did this just now on my phone and it took me less than 20 seconds. Less time than to download a previous deleted app. Just my thoughts on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
That's why there should be an official app. I'm sure it'd take an actual programmer all of 30 minutes to make an app with one screen that is just a web container that loads up the mobile site anyway. Same end result but it would show up as an actual app and be easier to use and manage.
That's exactly what the first link is: "Fuelly Web App".
Problem is some (most) phone models don't use the stock browser when displaying in WebView (when using the app). Therefore, issues arise.
We are planning on improving (rebuilding) it as andyrobo already stated in a prior post.

Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your patience!

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote