Another top-10 suggestion - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #11
Registered Member

The not posting does not bother me, some folks just are not that type. But here's a few things that should keep you out of the list.

I think that we should have a minimum fill quantity, say 3 gallons or it doesn't count.
Every fillup entered no skipping. (impossible to enforce but should be stated)
Seems that there is a lot of problems with the EPA numbers when it comes down to the combined MPG. There was and are still some that are not right.
Not keeping your log current.

zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #12
Registered Member

How about a "Average gallons per week" top ten. I am just trowing out ideas (we all know who would win that ).

I like seeing people not involved in the forums on the lists. It give me a chance to see what certain makes/models get. Yeah, a lot of people use this site to track there mpg and don't use the forums.

I already said this weeks ago. But I would like to see the search function of the garage expanded (being able to search by make/model).

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
I don't like the idea of not haveing your log posted in the top ten just because you don't post on the forums alot, because if you are on the top ten you can still look at that persons vehicle info, now I could understand doing something like not alowing you in the top ten if you don't have any vehicle information filled out or something like that, basicly if you are hording information.
When I entered in High Mileage Vehicle Competitions (single person, non road leagle) there was a problem with a few of the top teams hording information, not alowing anyone to check out the drive train of their vehicle, not answering questions about what they had done, basicly hording information, the point of this forum is to learn from each other, correct?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #14
Registered Member

One other comment. I don't really like seeing the "one tank wonders". It is always a letdown to see that one dot on the gaslog.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #15
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
And you can can shot me know but what about adding diesel to the list?

Either way I agree that is should be a longer total, and not one tank wonders. Not that I doubt people get really great one tank mileage, but isn't this board about consistantly getting better mileage? I like the idea of a 30 day or even 90 day running total.
Diesel has been an option for a long time on the gaslog.

Edit your vehicle and change the fuel type to diesel.

As for the other ideas, I like them. Perhaps we can find a number of ways to enforce one hit wonders or instant top-ten'ers.

Ideas include:

1) You must have at least two fillups in order to rank.
2) You must be a member of the site for at least 30 days to rank.

etc. etc.

The one thing I don't want to do is to make the gaslog/topten thing too detailed. Less is more, especially when it comes to numbers. I would be very interested in programming a function to compare similar vehicles, but it is important to realize that this would be entirely dependant on what people enter for "make" and "model."

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote