API - Revisted? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #1

API - Revisted?

API - I have seen that this has been brought up a few times. The pros and cons have been looked over and good points made on both sides.

I just wanted to chime in and ask for such an app to exist for the Android. I would be willing to pay for the app.

One of the great benefits of the app is presence in the marketplace, as well as using the libraries already written that call the share modules. Share on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

Like I said, I would pay for the App!

shaneeckert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
pb

No immediate plans, but it is something we'd like to do sometime. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. Fuelly is a side project for me and Matt, and if we had infinite time we'd love to build an API for Fuelly. As it is now we spend most of our time on MetaFilter.com which pays our bills and is a much larger operation to manage. We operate Fuelly at a loss, and we hope someday it can become self-sustaining.

In the meantime, some Android developer out there could probably come up with an interesting way to integrate with Fuelly using our existing import/export features. It could be as simple as offering an export of collected data in Fuelly's format.

If you search existing Android apps you'll probably find several to track mileage. Don't let the lack of a specific Fuelly app keep you from tracking your mileage however is most convenient for you. I know there are at least half a dozen mileage tracking apps for the iPhone so we're not the only ones with this idea.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote