..are my Tips THAT bad (lol).. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
cee

..are my Tips THAT bad (lol)..

..requirements for Tips to be posted?..

..i've put out a few Tips since joining in early November, and (while totally admitting the possibility--even likelihood--that said Tips are worthless and/or counter-productive) i'm wondering if there are specific criteria for a Tip to get posted on that board..

..if so, it might be helpful to post the prerequisites for Tip-ness (atop the list, or as a pop-up when you go to enter a Tip, if that's feasible)..

..some of my Tip offerings are (again, admittedly) potentially less safe for an oblivious driver..but, i tend to think Fuelly members would be more road-aware than the average schmoe..

..anyways, i was just wondering..
thx!
--c.

cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #2

Yeah, I noticed a bunch of tips you've submitted over the past couple months and I haven't really approved them. There are a few reasons for this:

- The best tips are short and to the point and pass a smell test for believability. Yours kind of wander and I didn't trust about half the advice you offered and wanted to avoid people saying they were bad tips or wanting to respond.

- Formatting matters. I honestly have a hard time following you because you don't follow normal punctuation conventions -- you don't capitalize sentences and leave all sorts of weird periods, greater than/less than symbols, and other symbols in your writing. I get that maybe you're younger than me and this mimics how you talk but it's hard to read and understand what you're trying to say.

- In general, we only publish about 1/3 to 1/2 of the tips submitted, so it's not like everyone offering up advice is getting them posted.

(and you could have emailed us admins by using the contact link in the footer if you didn't want this explained in public)

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #3
cee

..hey cool that you responded so quick-like..and all apologies for the formatting stuff..i am an oddball on that (i'll try to input Tips in more eye-ball friendly & succinct format)..

..maybe y'all could feedback on Tips that don't pass the smell-test?..(well, that might be too time-intensive to do for all of them, if

..oh, & on the "younger than you" thing..i'll betcha a tank of gas yer wrong on that--! (lol)..

thx again for the (quick!) reply..love the site, even if none of my Tips make the grade--!

--c.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
cee

..hmm, i see the greater/less than symbol messes up the posts too..my 2nd paragraph should read:

"....maybe y'all could feedback on Tips that don't pass the smell-test?..(well, that might be too time-intensive to do for all of them, if less than 1/2 are seriously considered)..but it'd be helpful to overly excited Tipsters like me to know why a Tip was rejected and/or how to better explain our Tips to make them viable.."

ah, another formatting miscue!..sorry

--c.