Can I reset my city percentage? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #1

Can I reset my city percentage?

Is there some way I can clear out all they city/highway percentage data on one of my vehicles?

I'm pretty sure I was keeping poor records on that previously, and the vehicle has taken on a new role in the family (since it's no longer my primary vehicle for highway driving, wife just goes to the store, gets kids from school, etc)

benkenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
pb

The city/highway percentage is made up of all the fuel-ups you've entered so far. So the only way to change what you see is to change your past fuel-up data. (Here's info about editing a Fuel-up: How do I edit or delete a fuel-up?) It's a bit like changing any statistic on your Fuelly page. If you want your average price/gallon to go down, you need to go back and change the price you paid for fuel-ups. If you misreported the city percentage for various fuel-ups you can go back and change them.

If you start reporting a higher city percentage, the number will change over time.

Another option is to completely remove the city/highway chart from your page. You can do that by editing your vehicle and selecting No next to the "Track City vs Highway?" option under Reporting Units.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #3

I tried to edit the previous ones. I can change the percentage, but not remove it. In other words, it can be 0-100, but not a null value. If there was a way to report a null value, I'd have no problem going through the 90-something previous fillups and erasing the value.

I also tried editing the vehicle and changing the "track city ..." option to No in hopes that the values would be erased when i re-enabled it, but no luck. Still there.

The only option I can think of (other than waiting for the average to level out over time) is recreating the vehicle profile and retiring the current one.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
pb

That's true, there is no way to set a null value—that's something we can consider. But if you have the feature enabled for your car, it's pretty likely you're going to want to set a value.

I just set the value of the "Track City vs Highway?" option to No for your Grand Caravan and I'm not seeing the chart on your vehicle page anymore.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
pb

Yeah, you could always try an export/import. Just make sure you open the export file in Excel and remove any columns you don't need. You can create a new vehicle at Fuelly and then use the export file you created as an import.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #6

Well, I could see a null value being useful for a tank that you don't know the city percentage on... or it's an unusual tank that you don't want to track (like if i drive to a city an hour away 3 times in one week) ...

You may be onto something with export/import. I'm gonna give that a shot.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #7

I tried the export/import/ Deleted the city% data in the csv file and when I went to import on a new vehicle, it omitted the notes because there was a 0 value for gallons. So all the fuelups imported, but the notes (oil changes, etc) wouldn't import.

The number of entries that had city% on them wasn't that big so I manually deleted those entries and imported the csv file so it would replenish the deleted fuelups w/o the city% (since I deleted it) and I'm where I want to be.

Thanks!