can receipts be entered in any date order? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

can receipts be entered in any date order?

I added my gas receipts from when I purchased my new (used) Honda in January of this year, however I didn't enter the receipts in dated order, however they're all there (needed for work purposes).

Is that going to affect stats any?

Also, will there be better forums soon? :P

mauirixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #2

Is that going to affect stats any?

It doesn't affect your stats at all, in any way. I looked at your car's history and it looks fine to me. Did you notice anything wrong with the reported stats when you were done?

Also, will there be better forums soon? :P

What's wrong with what we have here now?

mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Registered Member

no, I didn't notice anything wrong, at least not that I can tell. For my own mental sake though, I exported the data, and arranged everything by date, and manually added the odometer reading as well. After doing that, my average MPG went from 25.2 to 27.3. Wait, I manually added that I missed a fillup (dated 8-12-08) - would that affect the average that much?

Forums, well I guess i'm just used to everyones "cookie-cutter" forums and all the options available with them. But they won't integrate as cleanly as the current ones do I suppose. One feature I miss though is an e-mail notification of a reply.

Will there be a "search" option (I know we have the browse option already) to look for specific things, like best average mpg, cost, most fillups, FWD, RWD, manual or automatic, basically any of the car related info we have put in already?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
Registered Member

Also, when I edited in the missed_fuelup field, I did that via Excel. When I edit a transaction via the web page, the previously entered "Miles since last fuel-up" data isn't shown - is this by design?

Also, how do I specify that I missed a receipt / fillup data? I edited both from the basic stats page and the log page - am I just not seeing it?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #5

how do I specify that I missed a receipt / fillup data

You check off a box at the bottom of the Add/Edit a Fuel-Up form.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Registered Member

negative sir, all I have is an option for "partial fill-up" both on the add new entry page, and both editable pages.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #7
pb

missed fuel-up is only available for vehicles tracking with odometer readings. It lets Fuelly know that an odometer reading was missed, and that we don't have a way to calculate the number of miles traveled. For vehicles using tripometer tracking, you'll always have the number of miles traveled on fuel-up so the missed fuel-up checkbox isn't necessary. Here's a little more info about missed fuel-ups.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #8

Oh yeah, if you missed a fuel up and you track via the tripometer, then you just wouldn't enter anything in for that. No big deal to miss one.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:23 PM   #9

as to what's wrong with what we have here now, off the shelf forum software has functions like being able to add to / edit your own posts, private messaging, threaded views and lots more stuff which make things more user friendly. I'm not complaining, just providing feedback
nakio30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #10

We've built our own system here (that has worked well for over 9 years on MetaFilter) so it's also infinitely customizable, something off-the-shelf systems can't be.

We have internal private messaging that we'll be adding. I'm not a fan of threaded views so that won't be added here, but editing may be added in the future.