Can't Retire - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #1

Can't Retire

I can not retire a car from my garage.
I keep getting the error message:
"You're currently at your limit of six retired vehicles. You can remove it instead."

I indeed had 6 retired vehicles. But even after I deleted one of them I still get the same error msg.
Can anyone help?

TIA

eudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
pb

I think I found the problem and fixed it up. Give it another shot and let me know if it doesn't work.

Sorry about the hassle.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #3

Thanks pb, problem solved.

So, thereĀ“s no limit on the vehicles, be them in the garage or retired?

The reaseon I ask is because I am moving some fuel logs I've kept in spreadsheets (for ages) to the Fuelly site. I have 11 retired vehicles and 2 actives.

BTW, great work!

Regards
Old 01-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
pb

Yes, there is a limit of six active vehicles and six retired vehicles per account. This is a free service and we need to have some limits in place.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #5

My only problem with that is, having them retired, still allows the site to benefit from their statistics. By removing them, you remove that statistic from the site right?

I can understand the active vehicles being limited, but not the retired ones. Once they are retired, they just become a statistic.

On an alternative point, you could have an option to demote them to just the car info, deleting any reference to the original member, pics or details maybe. Like letting us have up to 6 retired vehicles, and if removed from that, we would have the choice to make them a site statistic when removing it. (in case of problems with deleting things like mistakes such as test entries, or retiring by mistake, etc)

Since this site is geared toward helping others with mileage, why would we want to lose vehicles that were contributing? You could have this same feature also take into account actual number of fill ups,as I know many vehicles often don't make it past a fill up or 2.

Just a thought.
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
pb

I can understand the active vehicles being limited, but not the retired ones. Once they are retired, they just become a statistic.

They still take up resources that we have to manage. Anywhere there is a limit in a system there will be arguments about where those limits are set. We just can't allow unlimited vehicles per account.

I understand what you're saying. More data is better for everyone. I agree with that. But we have to balance completely unlimited data with keeping things reasonable for us to maintain. And limiting things to 12 vehicles total per account is a reasonable limit, I think.

Maybe down the road if there's a big demand for more vehicles than that per account we can find a way for people to pay us for using more resources on the site. Fuelly Pro? But until then we're a free service and we need to keep things reasonable per account.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #7

Hmmmm

Fuelly Pro. Interesting idea. Also could have many of the customized features lots of people ask for too. LOL
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #8

Thank you guys, for your comments and clarification.

Regards
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
Registered Member

I'd be glad to pay you guys a service fee to compensate for the value I get out of your free site. If you ever move forward with that idea you can count on at least one paying user. I figure that it is the least I can do for all that I get out of Fuelly. I truly appreciate all the work that you guys put into the site, thank you.

bates is offline   Reply With Quote