Fixed: Changing odometer? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

Changing odometer?

I had been using the Fuelly website on my mobile phone for tracking my mileage and then found that you once again had an iPhone app available. It autoupdated to GasTracker the other day, and I understand that there is another update in the works. When I started using Fuelly, I chose to input my fillups with the trip odometer reading as I didn't want to risk skewing my numbers by using the regular odometer reading on my first fillup. Now that the app has updated to GasTracker, it appears to only accept an odometer reading and not a trip reading, as the decimal point doesn't function, for example, a 152.7 mile trip would show as 1,527 miles. I do not want to mess up all of my data by having it chart as an odometer reading instead of a distance between fuelings. Does the app only support whole miles now? The website still allows an exact reading.

DanTheFedExMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheFedExMan View Post
I had been using the Fuelly website on my mobile phone for tracking my mileage and then found that you once again had an iPhone app available. It autoupdated to GasTracker the other day, and I understand that there is another update in the works. When I started using Fuelly, I chose to input my fillups with the trip odometer reading as I didn't want to risk skewing my numbers by using the regular odometer reading on my first fillup. Now that the app has updated to GasTracker, it appears to only accept an odometer reading and not a trip reading, as the decimal point doesn't function, for example, a 152.7 mile trip would show as 1,527 miles. I do not want to mess up all of my data by having it chart as an odometer reading instead of a distance between fuelings. Does the app only support whole miles now? The website still allows an exact reading.
We have just submitted an update to Apple which fixes the inability to use decimals in the odometer / trip distance field. Also, worth noting, GasTracker uses the settings from your vehicle on Fuelly.com to determine whether or not you want odometer tracking vs. trip distance tracking. In order to have GasTracker show you the trip distance field you need to make sure your vehicle on Fuelly.com is set to track mileage by trip distance instead of odometer. This is set on the vehicle edit page for each individual vehicle on Fuelly.com

Hope this helps!

Old 06-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Got the update today... thank you for the response!
DanTheFedExMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
Registered Member

DanTheFedExMan,
Thanks for following up! Glad it's working for you now.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote