city / hwy slider issue - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-14-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

city / hwy slider issue

Whenever i try to slide the city /hwy slider, it keeps going down to zero, by itself. If i drag it to the right, the highest i can drag it to is 50%. If i then try to drag it higher, it drops back down to zero again. How can i get the app to allow me to see beyond 50%, and then allow me to drag it beyond 50%?

I'm using an android phone, and the app will only work in portrait view.

andygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

It kinda works similarly on my iPhone. I have found that for fine control, I need to turn the phone on its side, and sometimes need to lead the slider by quite a bit. By working with that idiosyncrasy I have gotten it to work OK though not ideally...

Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

It's a bit glitchy, I also try turning the phone on it's side and it seems better.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
Registered Member

Landscape doesnt work for this app on my phone when entering data. I dont even see an option for it in the app.
Anyone else having this happen, on an android phone?

Landscape only works when viewing...
Old 12-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
Registered Member

What version of Android are you using? Also, what device specifically?
When you launch the Web App, what version does it say it is?

Also, try going to m.fuelly.com directly in your device's browser and see if the slider still acts the same.

We had issues with the slider being glitchy a few months back, but we were under the impression it had been resolved since in our testing it was much smoother. It still is pretty smooth on my phone.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
What version of Android are you using? Also, what device specifically?
When you launch the Web App, what version does it say it is?

Also, try going to m.fuelly.com directly in your device's browser and see if the slider still acts the same.

We had issues with the slider being glitchy a few months back, but we were under the impression it had been resolved since in our testing it was much smoother. It still is pretty smooth on my phone.
Android 4.4.2
LG Optimus G Pro (E980 on AT&T)
Fuelly 2.0.1

When in the android app, the only way to add anything is to hit the "Full Site" key. Then it goes to an extra large screen where I have to scroll around to see the screen (think PC sized screen on phone sized device). Also, only some of the buttons work. If I hit Dashboard or About, I get no response.

I tried going through the phone's browser, as you suggested (using Chrome), and I was able to get into the Dashboard where I can see the image of my car, along with Recent Activity, Reminders ,and All Options. Everything is sized properly for the phone screen. When, i select to Add a Fuel-up, I'm taken to the proper sized screen and I can scroll the city/Hwy slider as it was designed to be used. I can also use the page in both portrait and landscape modes.

So, what's the deal? Does the Android app have some bugs?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

I'll try as suggested with the mobile page. I tend to avoid mobile-optimized pages, but moving the slider smoothly would help when I'm adding to my fuel logs. Thanks.
Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygold View Post
Android 4.4.2
LG Optimus G Pro (E980 on AT&T)
Fuelly 2.0.1

When in the android app, the only way to add anything is to hit the "Full Site" key. Then it goes to an extra large screen where I have to scroll around to see the screen (think PC sized screen on phone sized device). Also, only some of the buttons work. If I hit Dashboard or About, I get no response.

I tried going through the phone's browser, as you suggested (using Chrome), and I was able to get into the Dashboard where I can see the image of my car, along with Recent Activity, Reminders ,and All Options. Everything is sized properly for the phone screen. When, i select to Add a Fuel-up, I'm taken to the proper sized screen and I can scroll the city/Hwy slider as it was designed to be used. I can also use the page in both portrait and landscape modes.

So, what's the deal? Does the Android app have some bugs?
The "Android App" is truly only a quick launcher to Fuelly Mobile (m.fuelly.com) and it uses a Web-viewer. It seems some device's settings (that cant be changed by the user) really screw with the zooming of the page (zoomed in, but cant zoom-out, exactly like you're describing). However, if you use the phone's stock browser, and go directly to m.fuelly.com, you wont have any issues with the zooming in/out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcp385 View Post
I'll try as suggested with the mobile page. I tend to avoid mobile-optimized pages, but moving the slider smoothly would help when I'm adding to my fuel logs. Thanks.
Fuelly Mobile (m.fuelly.com) was originally built as a quick way to input a fuel-up (like you're at the pump type situation). We do hope to enhance and expand upon the features and functions available on the mobile site, but currently it can be very useful for on-the-fly fuel up adding situations.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #9
Registered Member

Slightly different topic...if i were to delete the android app, will it also delete all of my fuel-ups? I want to create a homescreen shortcut to access the "m." page, and do away with the android app, but i don't want to lose all of my fillups
Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygold View Post
Slightly different topic...if i were to delete the android app, will it also delete all of my fuel-ups? I want to create a homescreen shortcut to access the "m." page, and do away with the android app, but i don't want to lose all of my fillups
If you deleted the Web App it will not erase data since it's all saved to Fuelly.com, and the app is just a quick launch for mobile fuelly (m.fuelly.com).

If you're having formatting issues, like you describe, a bookmark/shortcut would be exactly what I'd recommend.