Custom vehicle - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Custom vehicle

Apparently my car is now classed as a "custom car" after the update. When you click "browse vehicles" nearly all the Abarths have gone. Is this just with this brand? Or are there others too?

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Your car is case of where the vehicle database is classifying your car as a 2009 Fiat 500 Abarth. You can choose that option from the options and not have a custom car any longer.

We have moved Fuelly on top of a national vehicle database that receives monthly updates, allowing us to keep the database updated with verified vehicle information.

That said, some of the classification of cars is different than before. Previous fuelly didn't have submodel information for cars whereas now we do.

freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

Same problem with my bike. Telling me it's a custom vehicle but when I go to edit vehicle type there are very few yamaha bikes listed and the XJ6 isn't one of them.
Dav3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Out of Fuel

Very soon we are going to be "moving" many of the custom vehicles into recognized vehicles. We are going to be methodical about it as we try to reduce the duplicate entries of vehicles that are really the same thing. We need to make sure that we don't create new vehicles which already have listings like your Fiat example.
fbingha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

I thought I'd add to this.

I suspect your "national vehicle database" is purely made up of models sold in America. Thus in my case the Honda PCX 125(cc) Motorcycle is now "custom" whereas the Honda PCX150 is listed since it is a model built for North America.

This is a backwards step, when Fuelly has always had good support for Worldwide customer base. Heck, you even cope with the UK oddity that we buy fuel in litres but drive in miles.

Someone left their thinking hat off when making the decision to standardise vehicle models. I'd suggest you merge in the equivalent data from the registration/licencing/insurance bodies in the EU.
ReaderK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
Registered Member

My 2014 Ford Fiesta ST has now disappeared as a model as well. I can no longer view other Fiesta ST users' statistics. It seems like 90% of the vehicle listings are now unassociated, unsearchable or orphaned.
Slash3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

Your database does not take into consideration vehicles outside the US. For example, I can only find a 2008 Kawasaki Versys, while in Europe, the Versys started from 2007 which mine is.
PathRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
Registered Member

Why is 'Skoda' not in the list of Manufacturers of vehicles? when they are possibly one of the most popular manufacturers in the UK!

My 'Skoda Fabia Greenline II Estate' is now a Custom Vehicle!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #9
Registered Member

So do I wait until Abarth is added as a brand, or do I class it as a Fiat 500 Abarth?

It's very confusing now, but I appreciate you're working on it.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 AM   #10
Registered Member

This has happened to my motorcycle too. They seem to have omitted several models of motorcycle and probably cars too by the sound of it.

Mine is a 2013 Yamaha MT-09 and the MT-09 simply does not exist as an option or in the list of Yamaha models when you try find it in "Research vehicles" where the complete list is shown, so as well as being classed as a custom vehicle you now can't research these vehicles which have been omitted.

These vehicles were there before the update and now are missing. Bit of a bug that.

pipski is offline   Reply With Quote