Custom Vehicle Listing Concerns - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Cant find my vehicle, mine is a "HONDA PCX 125".
There were lots of PCX 125's listed previously, but now they are all gone?
They are not gone, we just have some clean up to get done before they all show up again. Please be patient as we work through the cleanup.

andyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #12
Registered Member

The 2012 Cruze engine and EPA trim options are correct.

obermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:05 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrobo View Post
We understand a lot of motorcycles and cars turned to "custom" after the backend conversion. Thanks again for reporting your models and please keep the reports coming. That being said, we will get all the customs sorted out in the weeks ahead. As Josh mentioned in the original post to this thread, we switched the taxonomy system being used and it's going to take us some time to get this all sorted. We feel strongly that this was the right move in the long run as we are simply confirming to auto industry aftermarket standards (how the parts suppliers identify different vehicles) but it's going to take us some time to merge everything to the same standard. We tried to automate as much as we could and that got us about 70% done but the rest will be completed through a more manual process in the weeks ahead.

Thanks again for your patience through this transition, we appreciate it.
If you want users to check and correct their vehicle details you may have to prompt them with a mass email like the one you sent to warn of the site outage.
This may not work well however if they are then confronted with incomplete and confusing model data from US only sources.
For older vehicles I suspect it may be very difficult to get comprehensive data from current industry sources.
Perhaps your filters need to have the option of using the "custom" data so that the site remains useful during the long data cleanup process.
marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:38 AM   #14
Registered Member

I'm at a loss to understand why standardizing model designations would require throwing out entire manufacturers, and rebuilding the list from users pointing out what you left out. Did it occur to anyone there to *finish* the new system before switching over to it? This is half-assed change-management, folks.
tverbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin View Post
If you want users to check and correct their vehicle details you may have to prompt them with a mass email like the one you sent to warn of the site outage.
This. Took me over an hour to figure out what was wrong with the RAM / Dodge pickup listings. The title of this thread didn't help matters any.

There needs to be a hotlink on all users dashboards explaining what they need to do to resolve these issues.
SolarFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:52 AM   #16
Registered Member

Cool

I notice that my 2011 Volt does not come up when I search for all 2011 Volts.

https://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet...olt3939/110666

Also I get zero stats, while other Volts are showing all the stats.
Volt3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #17
Site Team

You have zero stats on here and the old Fuelly because you are entering large quantities of mileage for fuelups. Fuelly doesn't currently handle such large numbers for EV as they are discounted as being unreliable numbers. In the future we are going to better support electrical/hybrid vehicles in terms of gas mileage and electrical usage.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
Registered Member

So why is my car not shown with the other 2011 Volts?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt3939 View Post
So why is my car not shown with the other 2011 Volts?
Please edit your vehicle and select a submodel. Currently, you have your email address in the submodel field.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #20
Registered Member

When I tried that earlier the Make was stuck on Other, no Chevrolet choice at all. The whole page was pretty much frozen, now that's working, but still not showing when searching for '11 Volts.

"Fuelly doesn't currently handle such large numbers for EV as they are discounted as being unreliable numbers. In the future we are going to better support electrical/hybrid vehicles in terms of gas mileage and electrical usage."

That's the same response from 2-3 years ago, hello, the future is here already. It's just numbers, and they are not "unreliable", they are the facts, please turn the nanny filters off already.