Friends are seeing MPG on my profile, instead of UK MPG - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question Friends are seeing MPG on my profile, instead of UK MPG

Peugeot 308 1.6 e-HDi EGC (Peugeot 308) | Fuelly

My average UK MPG is 53.8.

However, if you're not logged into Fuelly and you click on the link above, it shows 44.8 MPG (i.e.not UK MPG).

It also shows gallons (US) instead of litres (UK).

When I'm logged in, I see UK figures.

Is it possible to set my profile to show UK figures for those not logged in?

kingmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #2
Registered Member

I think the program defaults to US numbers (after all it is a US site) and only shows UK MPG if you have that set. Guests just see the default numbers. I see your site with UK MPG. You can always set posts to show the numbers you want people to see, as I have, below.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
I think the program defaults to US numbers (after all it is a US site) and only shows UK MPG if you have that set. Guests just see the default numbers. I see your site with UK MPG. You can always set posts to show the numbers you want people to see, as I have, below.
That's because you're logged in. View my profile in Guest mode (Chrome) for example, and they're back to US figures.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #4
Registered Member

It's a US based site, so obviously the default "view as guest" setting will be US MPG. If you have Facebook, you can have a fuel up show in the correct format on your news feed every time you add it on fuelly.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:54 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
It's a US based site, so obviously the default "view as guest" setting will be US MPG. If you have Facebook, you can have a fuel up show in the correct format on your news feed every time you add it on fuelly.
I'm aware it is a US website but I was hoping they could allow us to make our profiles use UK-based figures to all.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:16 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmustard View Post
View my profile in Guest mode (Chrome) for example, and they're back to US figures.
Is that not exactly what I said?
Old 03-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm aware it is a US website but I was hoping they could allow us to make our profiles use UK-based figures to all.
Fuelly's main goal is in giving people researching their next car a database of real world fuel economy results from other owners. The simply doesn't work if all the cars are displaying in different units.

Now, I think it should possible for the units guests see be set to a default suitable for their location; people opening the page while in the UK will see imperial gallons. Unfortunately, the company running the site is a small group of people, and they have more important issues to address for the site, and also for the aps.
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
Fuelly's main goal is in giving people researching their next car a database of real world fuel economy results from other owners. The simply doesn't work if all the cars are displaying in different units.

Now, I think it should possible for the units guests see be set to a default suitable for their location; people opening the page while in the UK will see imperial gallons. Unfortunately, the company running the site is a small group of people, and they have more important issues to address for the site, and also for the aps.
I do understand that

It's just a little annoying when I show someone my car page and it shows my average MPG as 45 MPG instead of 54 MPG as my profile uses US MPG. They think I am lying when I told them my car gets 54 MPG lol
Old 03-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
It's just a little annoying when I show someone my car page and it shows my average MPG as 45 MPG instead of 54 MPG as my profile uses US MPG. They think I am lying when I told them my car gets 54 MPG lol
Why do you have your profile set for US mpg when you are in the UK and want to see UK mpg?
Old 03-22-2019, 11:37 AM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JockoT View Post
Why do you have your profile set for US mpg when you are in the UK and want to see UK mpg?
You're misunderstanding.

When I'm logged in, I'm set to UK in every place possible and it's fine.

But viewers of my profile who aren't logged in see US figures when viewing my profile.

As a coder myself, I know this can be changed quite easily by the coders but I do understand that it may not be high on their list of priorities.