Fuel up glitch - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-12-2016, 11:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Fuel up glitch

Looked at my cars dash, my last fuel up registers as 63.2 MPG, but when I scroll down to the table where all fuel ups are listed, my last fuel up is showing up as 63.15 MPG. Not sure if that would mess things up, but worth noting as it's obviously a different calculation.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
Registered Member

Looks like the Mini Log (table) is showing out to 2 decimal spots. But the graph, and Fuel Log page, and everywhere else is rounding it to 1 decimal spot.

RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

So is this a glitch that needs fixing? Or just a querk? It will throw the figures off will it not?

Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
So is this a glitch that needs fixing? Or just a querk? It will throw the figures off will it not?
I'll have Freddie look into it. It shouldn't throw any figures off. It's still using the same info you input in your fuel up, just rounding. I don't believe any of the stats go off of the rounded figures.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #5
Registered Member

Much appreciated thanks. Also I switched to "US" to see if the same glitch occurred,and noticed a "potential savings" box, I've never seen this before, could this possibly be modified and added for UK users too as it's pretty neat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-04-13-18-41-50.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2081  

Old 04-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #6
Registered Member

Speaking of glitches, can't see myself in the 2016 Prius list! Good news anyway - 60.81 MPG on my first tank beat the outgoing Hyundai i20s first tank of 60.74.
Not a fair comparison perhaps, as the Prius twice the price of the i20, but the Toyota actually feels like £26,000 worth of car, the Hyundai never felt worth £13,000.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #7
Registered Member

Ben, you'll only show publicly after 3 fill ups, so get driving! Pretty good mileage for a first tank though, well done. I still think your Hyundai will work out slightly more economical, but as you said before, it's not all about economy, the Prius is bigger, comfier and better to drive, it's more interesting and you probably won't get bored with it either

Also without being a stalker, but the cost per mile so far this year is the same for me and you in the Prius at 8.2 pence per mile, weird or what?!

Old 04-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #8
Registered Member

Ha ha! Yes, I used Morrisons regular on the dummy fill to give me a full tank to zero, and Tesco Momentum 99 on my one measurable tank today. Told it is the highest octane available, so I ll give it a try! My i20 gave me 6 months of semi pleasure when averaging 70mpg, and 2 brief smiles for the 80 and 86 mpg tanks, but yeah, it wasn't an enjoyable car! Popped the Prius in power mode briefly, made it react a lot quicker! Using pulse and glide is more fun too, booting it up and then rolling down - lots of acceleration then charging and using the battery. It is a shame to watch the poor live feed when just the petrol engine is running (oh how much better a diesel would be...!) but then to get the free miles in EV, you can't really complain! Whatever a Prius is classed as, I am classing it as a big luxury car (from our perspective, inside with lots of room) - it feels no smaller than my Xantia or Rover 75 - seeing as mid 40s would be their best return on the same journeys, not bad!
Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #9
Registered Member

I remember when you made a thread to showcase your new eco diesel Paul, think you payed about as much for the Clio as I did for the i20. I remember being shocked at how loaded it was with kit and toys - made a complete lie of Hyundai being a value company, I got nowt but a blue drive badge and ISG! This time round I've got more gadgets than I know what to do with!
Old 04-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
Registered Member

You have to be careful when buying small cheap eco cars, some are built cheaply and have had very little development spent on things like suspension and comfort. Many lack character and are boring to drive. But mine luckily is fantastic, really punchy engine, superb chassis setup with super smooth suspension and excellent handling too, and as you mention plenty of toys too. I keep looking at cars because I'm a car guy, but luckily they are all unaffordable for me, so I'll be sticking with the little Clio for some time yet