Garage size - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

Garage size

Why is there a limit to 6 vehicles? I have 9, plus my work P71.

Railhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
pb

We put an upper limit in place because we can't monitor every individual's use of the system, and we don't want a single account to create hundreds of vehicles. We need to have an arbitrary limit somewhere. Six seems about right to me. Accounts are free, so you could always create a new account for the rest of your vehicles.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #3

Are some of the vehicles owned by a relative? Have them create an account, and they could have cars in their garage too. You can also cross share who puts the gas in the tank on Fuelly.
DTMAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #4

Heh, I had this problem too, but I think accounts were capped to 5 then. I wanted to include my g/f's car in my profile, since I'm the one who enters all of her data anyway, but ended up having to make a separate account for her. It's pretty easy to exceed 6 vehicles if you have a few bikes and a few extra cars lying around...
rem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

It's pretty easy to exceed 6 vehicles if you have a few bikes and a few extra cars lying around...

Rem83, I used to have that problem when I was young and single. There were times in my life when I had a dragster, 2 street cars, 2 or 3 street bikes, a couple of dirt bikes, a scooter, and 2 boats. Oh, those were the days, now I have a commuter car and a toy dirt bike that I tinker with. Hopefully one day in the not too distant future I'll have a boat and a tow vehicle that will double as a 4WD fun truck and a back up car when my car or my wife's car is in the shop.

I'm jealous of all you guys and gals out there who have a garage full of vehicles, unfortunately, I'm 15 years past that point in my life and barring a major lottery win I'll never get back there.
bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #6

bates I hear ya. I am on the down slop of lots of cars, I got up to 14 at one point and now down to I think 7. With the 3rd kid now I have like 1 min a month to do anything on the toy cars. I am trying to hold onto my play things but with bills and other things to do witht the kids the toys are slipping away. The ones I am keeping are the weird ones that are going up in price better than stock!
VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
Registered Member

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I have more cars than brains, and I have to blame it on my Dad... who got me into the car hobby at a young age. My first one was a 5 HP go-cart at age 9.
Railhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #8

I think i crashed a car one time in college and was out of a vehicle for a semester and had to bum rides. I belive this was what triggered my I have too many cars idea and that I just love cars! I would love to be Jay Lenno! Well at least for his garage and car collection! Most of mine are in the need to fix stage with only 3 on the road now.

VWJunky is offline   Reply With Quote