Gaslog comment: Price per gallon? not user friendly. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
Gaslog comment: Price per gallon? not user friendly.

I'm not sure what others do, but in my glove box note book I write down: Date, Miles, gallons, and the total amount spent, I never write down the price per gallon, so when filling out the gas log I have to keep a calulator on hand and figure out what I paid per gallon.
I also keep track of what parts I've replaced, and other notes, and the gas log doesn't have a collum to list that cost to alow easy veiwing on the cost to operate the car, it would be nice for figuring out cost per mile.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Driving on E

the cost per gallon was just something that someone asked for an I put on. I honestly don't use it every time.

I like the idea of adding a cost per mile with maintenance costs though.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
how hard would it be to do this? adding a dollars spent catigory? just for our own reverince, alow you to track your life time vehicle cost, I know that I do this already in my little glove box log book, and about once a year figure it all out, insurance, tires, vehicle cost, all of that, it just makes sence that if I'm already transfering my log book to the computer, I might as well put it all in, right?
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 AM   #4

In the "cost of fuel" column I add the price per gallon. It's nice to be able to see directly what fuel prices for me have been in the past year or so.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Any chance you could add the 90 day average calculation into the graph so that the more recent trend can be seen. When I look at my lifetime average it looks like it is getting harder and harder to have an effect on it as the number of miles increase where with the 90 day average you could see a more recent trend.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
Registered Member

jitters.

Matt, this morning I was in userCP working on a PM. My screen began cycling quickly up and down about an inch. I closed down and ran my Windows error tool. Still happens intermittently, but only on GasSavers. I have been on ebay and Hotmail and those sites work normally. Have any idea what may be wrong? Help if you can. Thanks CO ZX2
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2 View Post
Matt, this morning I was in userCP working on a PM. My screen began cycling quickly up and down about an inch. I closed down and ran my Windows error tool. Still happens intermittently, but only on GasSavers. I have been on ebay and Hotmail and those sites work normally. Have any idea what may be wrong? Help if you can. Thanks CO ZX2
I had a similar problem a few years back (not on GasSavers) - turned out the wheel on my mouse was screwed up and made the screen bounce. Next time it does it try unplugging your mouse and see what happens.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote