Gaslog Data output ... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
Supporting Member

Gaslog Data output ...

Matt -

It would be great if we could output the gaslog to a "CSV" file, i.e. a comma delimited text file that we could import into a spreadsheet. I don't care if the "comment" section has extra commas that confuse the spreadsheet import function, so long as all the other data comes first in the output line.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Driving on E

I'll add it to the list for the new garage plugin I'm making. i've been a little sidetracked lately due to another (much bigger) project, but I should be getting back to the garage plugin soon.

I'm also planning on adding XML for the gaslog so you should be able to view it in any RSS/xml reader.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:53 AM   #3

I was able to copy and paste the gaslog data into an excel spreadsheet yesterday...hang on and let me try again and figure out how I did it...
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:56 AM   #4

Ok - highlight the entire table, and hit CTRL-C to copy it. Open a new excel spreadsheet. Right click the cell and click "Paste Special..." - you want to select "text" in the window that pops up. Tada, now you have a table in Excel that you can manipulate.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
Supporting Member

DaX -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaX View Post
Ok - highlight the entire table, and hit CTRL-C to copy it. Open a new excel spreadsheet. Right click the cell and click "Paste Special..." - you want to select "text" in the window that pops up. Tada, now you have a table in Excel that you can manipulate.
I just did what you said. Even my "comment commas" didn't mess anything up. It shows that the display format was already compatible for the copy/paste.

Thanks!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timion View Post
I'll add it to the list for the new garage plugin I'm making.
I think an equally (more?) killer bit would be an import function for CSV files. Specifically, for new members like me who have years of gas data in Excel sheets, but don't want to spend weeks typing ten thousand entries in by hand. Wouldn't that be neat?

-dave
mausball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Registered Member

xto stall

Hello. I just had a strange computer occurence while on GasSavers.

I clicked on the arrow to read last post on thread Somender Singh Grooves.

I waited for probably 15 sec. and nothing happened. I then noticed in my taskbar that something else was trying to load. In the taskbar was 'xto'.

I minimized the GS page and there was this blank page, "xto" trying to load. I just shut down the page. I googled xto, found a movie production site. Did not go to the site.

I had all cookies blocked except 6 or so, GS and what I require for my email. I had all add-ons in Internet Explorer disabled. I really try to keep the junk off my computer.

I immediately shut down my computer and ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool. Did not find anything. I also ran ErrorKiller, no errors.

Any idea what this is and why.

Thanks, CO ZX2
CO ZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Registered Member

fwiw, the images in the thread are hosted by xs.to.
omgwtfbyobbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
Registered Member

It's just the site that hosts the pictures. The do push some adds but I don't think there is any danger. This is new stuff to me but the site was recommended by SVOboy. The pictures are about 140 K. They are not too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO ZX2 View Post
Hello. I just had a strange computer occurence while on GasSavers.

I clicked on the arrow to read last post on thread Somender Singh Grooves.

I waited for probably 15 sec. and nothing happened. I then noticed in my taskbar that something else was trying to load. In the taskbar was 'xto'.

I minimized the GS page and there was this blank page, "xto" trying to load. I just shut down the page. I googled xto, found a movie production site. Did not go to the site.

I had all cookies blocked except 6 or so, GS and what I require for my email. I had all add-ons in Internet Explorer disabled. I really try to keep the junk off my computer.

I immediately shut down my computer and ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal tool. Did not find anything. I also ran ErrorKiller, no errors.

Any idea what this is and why.

Thanks, CO ZX2