Gaslog features? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Gaslog features?

Can one

1) Easily find someone's gaslog and garage entries only by knowing their name or the car name? Or do you have to follow a link from one of their posts? Searching through the Garage pages is getting to be a pretty big job.

2) See a summay of all gaslogs in one place?

No, I'm not trying to create your next assignments. Just asking...

Now driving '97 Civic HX; tires ~ 50 psi. '89 Volvo 240 = semi-retired.
brucepick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #2

I concur !

MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Would be nice to have the Garage cataloged. Be able to search for Make/Model etc... Also have the Average for same vehicles if available.

Like going to a baseball players profile and seeing what his batting average is and comparing it to the average for his Model car and also the leader.
IE:
My Corolla = 52.47MPG
Average Corolla = 46.48MPG
Leading Corolla = 61.34MPG
mpg_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #4

If you kmow their name - the advanced search 'for posts by _ _ _ _ ' should yield a post to link through of course . It would be nice to be able to have a 'member list' that would direct link to garage entries. Is there one that I've missed ?
MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
Registered Member

I agree with the OP. A search feature would be excellent. The garage, as it is, is quite a beast to navigate. I personally just named my car after its make and model. I am the minority though.. I mean who could ever figure out what Sven is without a picture or clicking through to its description? No offense Brucepick... just trying to back up your point that we need a more user friendly way of browsing the member vehicles on the site.

Course everyone should know where to go if they want info on what a Mitsubishi Minica is like.. I am sure that I am THE ONLY person on this site that drives one...
Erdrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member

There is a "search garage" button right next the top 10 list. It works ok, but I would love a nice easy to use make/model search.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #7
Registered Member

Not Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrick View Post
I agree with the OP. A search feature would be excellent. The garage, as it is, is quite a beast to navigate. I personally just named my car after its make and model. I am the minority though.. I mean who could ever figure out what Sven is without a picture or clicking through to its description? No offense Brucepick... just trying to back up your point that we need a more user friendly way of browsing the member vehicles on the site.

Course everyone should know where to go if they want info on what a Mitsubishi Minica is like.. I am sure that I am THE ONLY person on this site that drives one...
I've got one to!
GasSavers_thebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Old thread with inactive users, but here's an answer anyway...

Google for inurl:gassavers.org/garage along with whatever you know (username, car model, whatever). You might have to click "repeat the search with the omitted results included" which will add site:gassavers.org to your query.

http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl....gassavers.org

"Search the Garage" at http://www.gassavers.org/garage/search is a similar search.

Or, do an Advanced search here on this site for posts by the user if you know the username.
http://www.gassavers.org/search.php
Enter the username in the "Search by User Name" field. Choose "Show Results as Posts" at the bottom or select "Find threads started by user" under the username field to save you any scrolling to find the user's post in the resulting thread.