Gaslog graphs + Mods - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 01-08-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
Supporting Member

Gaslog graphs + Mods

Matt -

Maybe this has already been suggested, but it would be nice to have a "modification entry" as well as a gaslog entry. In this situation, a user would enter a change that they made to the car on date mm/dd/yyyy. In the gaslog, this would show as a vertical line at the appropriate date. In the "gaslog table" this would be an entry that looks something like this :

Date_________Distance__Fuel Used__Cost of Fuel_Notes__________________MPG(US)__operations
01/05/2007___NA________NA_________NA___________Added Warm Air Intake__NA_______edit

This way, we would be able to note MPG trends after mod "X". We would refer to the table to see what the GasSaver did.

Just an idea (as if you have the time!)

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
*shrug*

Mehbe a dot on the line that's clickably linked to a generic post about each mod xor a specific post about the mod by that person...

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Driving on E

I really like this idea. I'm actually scared to look the code behind the garage/gaslog. I've been coding a few other plugins recently and I remember how much of a hog-pog coding job I did.

Anyway, I'll brainstorm this a little bit and get on it.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
kps
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Mehbe a dot on the line that's clickably linked to a generic post about each mod xor a specific post about the mod by that person...
Having the fillup dots linked to the table entry would be nice too -- a quick jump to the notes to answer the "WTF happened on this tank?" question.

The other change I'd like to see in the gaslog graph is to have the horizontal axis scaled and labelled by time; that would help those who live in places with seasons.
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Yeah the months at the bottom would work really easy Letter and two digit year...
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
Supporting Member

Matt -

I tried a trick once. I put in 0-0-0 for Miles-Gallons-Cost in order to try to insert a "mod between fillups" gaslog entry. It didn't effect my MPG calculations. The 0-0-0 entry didn't even show up on the chart as a "mini dive" in the data.

However, the next day, the 0-0-0 entry was gone from my gaslog . This leads me to believe that you have a "null gaslog entry culler bot" in your gaslog code.

If you just left the 0-0-0 entries alone, at least they could serve as simple "mod log" entries.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Does anyone have as irratic a gas log graph as I have? It really jumps all over the place.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
you've got to remember that your Toaster is greatly affected by wind. So I'd say that it jumps around a lot due to wind conditions not being consistent from tank to tank.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
ELF
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
Does anyone have as irratic a gas log graph as I have? It really jumps all over the place.

Your adds are all over the place, try filling at the same station and using the same fuel adds over a couple of tanks so you can get some idea of whats really happening. I would suggest no more than 1oz. per 10 gal. on the gp7, more than that drops the mpg in my cars.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
I think I have you beat for the most irratic gaslog data department . One day my car only needs 0.7 gph to do 48mph, the next I need 1.2 gph. There seems to be huge differences in driving in rural conditions @ 50mph compared to doing that speed on the freeway in the city (less wind perhaps?). Also, many of my trips are quite short.

These fluctuations were less appearant in the summer months.

Peakster is offline   Reply With Quote