GasSavers, CleanMPG, and PriusChat mentioned on ABC's Nightline - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #11
Supporting Member

Its cool to see us in the news now. Ive seen it on small news but not night line great get the word out.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEngineer View Post
Do you think they got my good side?
You're a big star now! Great job though, with the large-scale media attention. I'd be a nervous wreck, that's for sure.

Also good to a little jump in traffic this morning...

RH77

Old 11-09-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
Registered Member

That is some awesome publicity. Glad to see we're breaking into the mainstream a bit. Everyone I tell about this site on Honda-tech comes here to browse. Whenever I go to car meets, I tell people 50mpg for a 95 civic and they instantly want one. Gas saving is pretty cool, I must say. My wallet really likes it.

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to trebuchet03
Quote:
Do you think they got my good side?
Hopefully a few people will get the message.... Alas, one person is going to say something mildly derogatory - and a whole lot of people are going to rally around that (perhaps jealousy?_.... The sad story of "I may have fallen on my sword, but at least I didn't miss the point."

Bike Miles (Begin Aug. 20 - '07): ~433.2 miles

11/12
trebuchet03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #15
Registered Member

The only thing mildly derogitory I would comment on is that EOCing got labeled as "extreme" We learned driving with the engine off FROM the Priuses. I've been fighting the "turn your engine off if you don't need it" fight for a while now. Aside from that, good job eh
Old 11-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #16
Supporting Member

FireEngineer -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEngineer View Post
Do you think they got my good side? They called me Wednesday afternoon to see if I was interested. I told them to contact Wayne Gerdes (xcel) also and they said they left a message. Wednesday evening they called home and said they wanted to do it Thursday morning at 5AM. Thursday they come at 5AM, get the inside shots, outside shots and off we (myself, reporter, camerman and equipment) go on my ride to work. Once parked some more footage and then I'm picked up after work, cameraman rides home with me for additional footage. And it's on Nightline 4 hours later!

All in all it wasn't bad. I did point out CleanMPG and GasSavers for the MPG tips and PriusChat for the Prius. And the 62.8 MPG I pulled in the morning was going to be a 70+ trip, traffic and the car were in perfect alignment. But I had to do some extra starts for the footage. And we stopped about 3-4 times so the cameraman and reporter could switch positions or vehicles. In the afternoon on the way home, sans block heater plug-in, I pulled a 67.9 MPG. But why show the better results. Some of the reason for, what I thought, the good video was the cameraman and sound guy were the same crew that were at the Hybridfest MPG challenge shooting for Good Morning America.

Wayne
I finally saw it with my own eyeballs. You're the Johnny Appleseed of Engine Block Heaters !!!!

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectYear.jsp
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote