I'mSorry, But This Is Unusable - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'mSorry, But This Is Unusable

I was trying to enter my motor home vehicle and there is no way to do that. So I tried to begin entering history for the Jeep into the website. I finally got the first record from 2014 entered and when I got done, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to enter the next record. I then tried to enter it through my phone app. I got it to sync and attempted to enter the second historical record. After I get everything in, it gave me an error about the mileage and date being a problem. I couldn't see why there was a problem because everything was entered correctly. Another problem it has is, it wants to assume that the entry takes place at my physical location. This is an unnecessary correction when trying to enter history. We are full time RVers and buy fuel all over the country. So at this point I give up. This app needs to be way more user friendly than it is. I think it is trying to keep track of a lot of unnecessary information. Keep on trying.

JC

JerryC58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

I see that you have the vehicle setup to track miles by odometer reading, but the log entry appears to be entered as trip mileage. I switched your vehicle to track as trip mileage. That should fix your problem.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Then I guess I don't understand the difference. The number I am posting is the actual odometer number. It is the actual trip mileage. Does it help to know that this was a new car when I started keeping track? And I am trying to post history to get up to current?
Old 02-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Registered Member

One is odometer (total mileage of the car) the other method requires you to reset the trip meter every time you fill up at the fuel station. So fuelly calculates the difference between each fuel up using the odometer method, but you're inputting the miles per tank using the trip meter method. Making sense yet.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

According to your definition I think I should be using odometer. Where do I go to change that? And since I am entering past history, how do I get it to use the date I enter?

JC
Old 02-12-2018, 11:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

Click your vehicle profile and click edit vehicle. You can change your method of fuel tracking somewhere at the top. As for entering past data, I've personaly never had to do that, but a moderator should be able to help. You can export data here, so maybe there's a way to import too.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:49 AM   #7
Site Team / Moderator

I think you are confused. Trip mileage is the miles traveled per tank. So if you had a tank that was 500 miles, you would enter 500 miles. Odometer reading is your running total of your vehicle mileage, so if your vehicle mileage read 68,000 miles when you filled up, you would enter 68,000 miles. When you enter odometer readings, Fuelly is expecting the next fillup to be a number higher than the last fillup. It subtracts the two readings to get the tank mileage. That is why you were getting the errors, because when Fuelly did the math, it ended up with a negative number.

I suspected that you were entering trip miles, so I had already changed the setting for you. If that's not the case, and you're using the actual vehicle odometer reading, then it needs to be changed back.

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote