Is there any way to make my gaslog L/100 KM instead of MPG? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuelly Community Support > Fuelly Web Support and Community News
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Is there any way to make my gaslog L/100 KM instead of MPG?

Just curious if there is any way to do this as converting all my L and KM to Miles and G is pretty cumbersome.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
It shows 6.95L/100KM under your username on your posts.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

I ment when I enter the raw data into the chart, since I am in Canada the pumps read in Liters and my car is in Kilometers.

I was curious if I need to convert my data to Imperial when I enter it into my gaslog, or is there an option where I can enter my info in Metric?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
maybe the first time you put it in, type the units after the number? I dunno.
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 AM   #5
Registered Member

i don't think it's possible at the moment to enter metric data, and i can imagine it would require some codeing work too implement.
i'm in the metric system as wel though and it is a bit of work coverting everything every time, so it would be nice if the computer would do that for me.
also more advanced features like linking the price (in the right curency) to the amount of fuel used would be nice. or haveing l/100km and mpg displayed side by side...
this would also enable everyone to directly compare cars listed here to fuel consumption figures of any car worldwide.

anyway, i'm very happy with the site and the gasslog as it is, and much respect to the people who keep it in such a fine state,
but of course there's always room for improvement.

btw showing both l/100km and mpg in the cars "tag" or whatever it's called, is much appreciated already! so thanks for that feature.

lunarhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 AM   #6
Registered Member

btw people looking for a way to convert units... try typing it directly in google like "5 liter to us gallon" or "6l/100km to mpg" it will show you the results right away! very handy

lunarhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 AM   #7

This is something Matt was working on - you may want to send him a PM and let him know you're interested in it. I know that when I was driving the Beat, I was beta testing it for him. I was able to enter metric distance but US volume.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
Registered Member

I've made an online calculator just for this specific purpose. Just enter your metric units and click calculate, then copy and paste everything to the gaslog.

http://www.milesgallon.com/gas-saver...php#calculator

Simon
Handy gas mileage and automotive calculators at MilesGallon.com lets you find out the real mpg of your vehicle, calculate the fuel consumption and cost for a trip and how about a tool that gives you the total cost per mile for a specifice vehicle over its lifetime.

milesgallon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesgallon.com View Post
I've made an online calculator just for this specific purpose. Just enter your metric units and click calculate, then copy and paste everything to the gaslog.

http://www.milesgallon.com/gas-saver...php#calculator

Simon
Just added the calculator to my bookmarks. Thanks!

I think if the gas logs can also accommodate inputs in metric or imperial units, that will be great.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
Registered Member

Yes it would sure help if we were able to use metric units directly in the gaslog.

While waiting for that feature to materialize, is anyone interested in having canadian dollars / litre added to the garage calculator?

I currently only support Euro per litre as that's what I'm paying in but I could add some other currency if there is interest.

Simon

Handy gas mileage and automotive calculators at MilesGallon.com lets you find out the real mpg of your vehicle, calculate the fuel consumption and cost for a trip and how about a tool that gives you the total cost per mile for a specifice vehicle over its lifetime.

milesgallon.com is offline   Reply With Quote