More graphs? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #1

More graphs?

Could we get more trend data in the form of graphs? You are collecting a lot of information with each fuel-up (and could collect a bit more although I realize there is always the tension between collecting data and keeping it quick and easy). I wonder how hard it would be to present other graph pages under the general MPG page - such as $/Gal.

Obviously, the $/gal data is optional so it isn't as complete as the MPG. Another data set that would be interesting and useful would be regional cost of fuel. At it's simplest, I think it would require a state drop down on the fuel up form. Maybe an optional City/Town field. And I think a dropdown for Octane rating would be useful also. Then we could have national real-time fuel price maps as well as trendlines for fuel prices .. Just wondering ...

jonsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
pb

Those are interesting ideas, and ones we kick around from time to time. In the past we've felt like other sites do this much better. GasBuddy jumps to mind. They have people who report gas prices around the US and compile them into charts and maps.

Right now we're staying focused like a laser on personal fuel economy. Gas price reporting would require some new components like adding stations and locations. Another complication is that we have users across the world, and reporting gas prices everywhere has its own set of challenges. It's something we could build into the site, but we haven't made the decision to expand beyond our core mission yet. In the meantime, check out some of the other sites focused on gas prices.
pb is offline   Reply With Quote